So this was our second visit to the Hibiscus. I will still rave about the location and amenities, but there were a couple of dings in it this time around.
My first and really the only gripe is that the front desk staff are a couple of clicks off. I was standing there behind another guest, waiting to check in, for about 10 minutes. One clerk continues to take phone calls as I'm standing there and doesn't ask if she can put anyone on hold. Then her counterpart finishes his phone call and looks at the guest behind me and asks him what he needs. I'm still standing in front of him.... obviously next in line. Kinda bizarre. Otherwise we had a good experience with them as they honored our room request and I must also say that the housekeeping service is flawless.
There are many amenities as I am sure the other reviewers have mentioned: heated pool (probably 84 degrees), pool towels located in the closet, a microwave, a fridge, two separate sink/vanity areas (great if someone is showering and someone wants to primp at the same time), and a free continental breakfast with juices, coffee, bagels and cream cheese, toast, cereal, whole pieces of fruit and breakfast sandwiches although they did not have just an egg and cheese sandwich for vegetarians which I was dismayed at.
We stayed in an upstairs room that has carpeted floors so I don't think it's one of their fully renovated rooms. Nice big beds and a seating area, plus a desk. Unfortunately they have gotten rid of the ample dressers that they used to have, which were great if you were staying for an extended period. Now there is the aforementioned desk with no storage, so that is kinda bunk.
There is an opening window in the bathroom which, to me, is huge nowadays. If you need to get some ventilation going in the room or dry out a bathing suit, the window is key. I hope they don't change that!
The other ding was that we stayed with another couple and their room (also on the 2nd floor) was stank. It smelled strongly of cleaning supplies and just something funky so that was a bit of a turnoff.
The location, to me, is excellent. It's at the quiet end of Duval (one block off Duval on Simonton and United) and it's near the Southernmost Point.
Overall for the price this place is pretty decent. But we might look elsewhere next time....might.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the excitement of Duval Street and downtown Key West, then return to your cool spacious room at our Key West hotel.Located at the southernmost point of the state, visitors at our Key West hotel are here to enjoy paradise. We offer free parking, and we’re just one block away from famous Duval Street. While parking is free, most guests don’t need a car since you can walk to the area’s best attractions. The beach is three blocks away, and guests feel right at home in a quiet neighborhood that’s close to everything.From Fantasy Fest to World Offshore Powerboat Races, there’s always something exciting happening near our Key West hotel. The World Sailfish Championship is held here, and the Hemingway Days Festival is fun for the entire family. Whether you want to simply relax on the beach or are staying at our Key West hotel for a special event, our friendly staff members always strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.Large rooms and free Wi-Fi are included. There are no resort fees here, but our Key West hotel guests certainly feel like they’re at a world-class resort. There’s a great heated pool where relaxation comes easily, and it’s the perfect place to wind down after a day of exploration and adventure. Central to all top food options, bars and attractions, most guests spend their days strolling around the neighborhoods and beaches.We welcome couples, families and solo travelers at our Key West hotel. Consider a nearby surfing lesson or spend the day on the waters fishing. Key West is known for a life of leisure, and that’s exactly what our guests experience. Whether you’re here for an extended stay or just the weekend, be treated to the best in service and top quality amenities. Book your room at BEST WESTERN Hibiscus Motel today and get ready for the tropics! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Best Western Hibiscus Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hibiscus Hotel Key West
- Best Western Key West
- Best Western Hibiscus Hotel
- Key West Best Western
- Best Western Hibiscus Motel Key West, Florida