“Charming home with wonderful pool!”

Review of Tropical Dreaming

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 59 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Charming home with wonderful pool!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We loved Tropical Dreaming! The location is excellent, just two blocks from Duval and a few blocks from South Beach and practically in walking distance to everything.
The home is beautifully furnished with stunning local and Caribbean art. Excellent attention to detail. Both bedrooms were very comfortable and a very nice living area. Our favorite part of Tropical Dreaming is the heated, pool with rock fountain out back surrounded by a well-manicured, lush tropical garden. What an oasis! We spent many an afternoon poolside and also loved the outdoor shower under the palm fringes!
Our only complaint was the fact that the downstairs toilet backed-up twice during our stay requiring the need of a plumber. This toilet definitely has a major septic issue that needs repair.

Wonderful home. Would definitely recommend and hope to stay here again!

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Management Response
19 Mar 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our home. Always happy to hear a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. The situation with the downstairs toilet was unfortunate but not septic related -- we encourage our guests to only flush toilet paper as other items can clog our fragile plumbing as was the case here.

We look forward to your return!
“Charming”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

This was a very nice and clean rental. The location was perfect and close to Duval but not the hustle and bustle. I would suggest a king bed in the master but that is just a personal preference. Very charming.

Check-in / front desk
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Tabbywest
“The house was ok. The noise was not.”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

First the house. The pool and patio are great. The place is quite spacious for being a 2 bedroom unit. The kitchen and furniture are adequate. There are enough sheets and towels and it's fairly clean. The sofa could use a good cleaning (pet hair).
The beds are all uncomfortable. The master in particular is lumpy and uneven. Very uncomfortable. The wifi is painfully slow. Don't bother trying to download anything. Go to the coffee shop instead.
Now the noise. The metal shop nearby is noisy for a couple hours a day and sometimes has some fumes. There are also semi trucks there in the early morning.
The empty lot on Simonton St is being developed. For 5 days we had the noise of chain saws, chippers, trucks from 8am to 5pm. I know this is beyond the control of the rental agency but any renter should be aware.
At Home Key West received a package for me prior to arrival and although it was clearly marked and delivered a day in advance they did not leave it at the rental as I was assured it would be. The weekend agent declined to retrieve it and we had to get a cab to go out and purchase the baby supplies and other things I had sent in advance so as to not have to buy while on vacation. We got the package when I followed up again on Monday but it was a completely unnecessary waste of time and money for me that could have easily been avoided or corrected.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outdoor area is great.
Liked least: The beds and the noise.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
3 Mar 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our home.

The twin mattresses are one month old; we will contact the owner about replacing the master mattress. WIFI service can be slow; a downside of island living. As far as noise, there is a fine balance to staying in Old Town Key West. It is so convenient to be in walking/biking distance of everything you want to do on our island, but it is a city with all that comes with living in a city -- lots of activity that can at times be noisy.

We apologize profusely for your box not being delivered to you on time. There is no excuse. We can only hope we can make it up to you on your next visit.
“Great location.”
Reviewed 16 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Loved the location of this home. It was close to beaches, dining and shopping. We rented bikes for the week which made it very easy to get around. The home was very clean and any issues that came up were handled promptly and professionally. The only minus was the guest room shower. It was difficult to shower without getting the floor wet, small inconvenience for a lovely place.

galena
Reviewed 23 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely place in Old Town”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

This house is a little gem. The house was clean, very well maintained and had all the amenities you need. The location was walking distance to Duval and to South beach. The pool was quite big for Key West and the outdoor space was also very convenient. The only small complaint would be that their Wifi connection is quite slow at times. Lovely place and would definitely go back!

A romantic getaway Older travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great House! Even Better Service!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We had a wonderful week in the Tropical Dreaming home. Everything we could have needed for a great stay was in this home. The service we received from the team from at Home in Key West was first class! Thanks for a great week and we look forward to our next vacation there.

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing