“Felt like home...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Conch House Heritage Inn
Ranked #3 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I just got back from a 6 night stay at the The Conch house and I could not be happier or feel more rejuvenated. I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere that felt more like coming home than the Conch House. Where else can you chat, for over half an hour, with the girl checking you in as if you've known her your whole life? I treated myself to breakfast out on my last morning and felt so guilty that I rushed back just to sit and have one last cup of coffee before I left. Every person that works there is fantastic. Carol, Hillary and the beautiful redhead (sorry! I forgot your name!) made this non-morning person smile every morning. The breakfast is your standard B&B fare but with enough options that it doesn't get boring. You can smell the coffee before you even get downstairs and it's delicious. My room, The Veranda Room, was every bit as pretty and as spacious as the online pics portray. The bed is super comfy and there was plenty of space to spread out. Just a warning... the Veranda room is at the front of the house and there is a lot of traffic noise. Do yourself a favor and download a white noise app for your phone and you will be good to go. I loved sitting on the veranda at night watching people walk by. You're far enough off Duval St. but close enough to walk to the action and the shopping. All in all this is a fantastic B&B with a lot to offer. If you like to feel at home when you go away and not just a credit card number then The Conch House is the place to go.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Conch House Heritage Inn

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This was my first time in Key West and I saw great reviews for the Conch House so I decided to book a room. I'm glad I decided to stay here. The staff was laid-back and friendly. They were always very helpful when we needed them. They provided pool towels, maps of the island, and great attitudes.
My boyfriend and I stayed in the Cabana. It is not a very big room, but it was only the two of us and we don't need a lot of space, so we were happy with it. The room has it's own bathroom, mini-fridge, air conditioner and little tv. It is also right next to the pool, ice/soda machine, porch on the main house and breakfast room. The location of the room is very convenient, but if people are by the pool you may be able to hear them. Overall, I was very happy with the room, even if it was a bit small.
The location of the B&B itself was very convenient as well. It was only a couple blocks from Duval, which made it easy to go wandering. But it was also far enough away so you didn't have constant noise from the honking scooters.
Breakfast was great. Just as other reviews have stated, there was fresh fruit, muffins, breakfast breads, cereal, juice and coffee. If you expect eggs and bacon, etc, there are many breakfast places around the B&B, I was happy with breakfast there though.
I was very happy at the Conch House. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We really felt at home in this wonderful historic house. The antique furniture adds to the old school feel, while comfort is modern (comfortable bed, wifi, nice pool). Only the shower in the bathroom had very low water pressure. Lovely garden with a nice pool. The staff made us feel very welcome and after checkout we could use all the amenities and pool towels until we left. I do think 150$ for one night is a lot of money (and we had one of the cheaper rooms!)

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We enjoyed our three night stay at the Conch House. Our room (The Delaney Suite) was in the back of a seperate building and quiet, clean and the most private room at the inn. Breakfast was good, staff was friendly and helpful, and the location, while on a main road was off the beaten path, yet most attractions were within walkiing distance. The only thing that keeps me from an excellent rating was a faulty television that the staff tried hard to fix but never did, and the late start for breakfast. A very good value for the money!

Room Tip: The few extra dollars for the Delaney Suite is well worth the money for the roominess and privacy!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This was our third visit to the Conch House and as always it was perfect!
This charming B&B is on Truman within walking distance of Duvall, but they offer bike rentals for your convenience which is truly the best way to see all the sites.

From the moment we arrived we were greeted and treated like "family"; Hillary, Laura, Amy and Carol ~ These ladies are truly the crème de la crème!! Honestly, they remembered us by name; it was like we had arrived for a family reunion!!!

We stayed in the Delaney Suite which feels more like having a second home. Its spacious, comfortable, CLEAN living area and perfect size kitchen met all of our needs. The private back deck gave us the perfect spot to sit and unwind after playing in town without the noise of Duvall St.

Waking each morning to a delightful breakfast by the pool and chatting it up with other guests is just another added benefit. Everyone is so friendly and relaxed!

If you’re looking for a kid-free zone that offers up the BEST hospitality and ambience, mixed in with great Key West “go-with-the-flow” attitude, It’s right here.

The hardest part about saying goodbye to Key West is leaving the Conch House.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alley W
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My wife and I recently returned from a 5 day stay at the Conch House. We both thought this place was just perfect. Everything was very clean. The staff was very warm and friendly. The breakfast was nice...fresh fruit, coffee, juice, delicious little homemade muffins/breads still warm from the oven. It wasn't huge, but who wants to fill up on a big breakfast everyday when you have an island full of restaurants. We stayed in the little cabana by the pool which was perfect for us. We had a couple of late nights on Duval. However we didn't feel like we were disturbing anyone as we were coming or going given that it was separate from the main house. The location was great...very close to Duval, yet very quiet and relaxing. The pool was nice. They keep fresh beach towels close by. Best of all, we got all of this at a very reasonable price. I have already referred a couple of friends. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank glmick1
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was our first experience with a B&B and it was very nice. I'm usually a Hilton person but this inn came highly recommended by a friend and it was just as they described it would be. The pictures and video of the rooms on their website are very accurate so you can see what you are getting. The staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was good, and the location was ideal to Duval St. We will stay here again when we go back to Key West. We stayed in the Delaney Suite which was very nice. I do agree with one writer that it would be nice if all the doors and windows had coverings, I'm not overly modest so I didn't care about coming out of the bathroom naked and walking to the bedroom but I can see why some people might have an issue.

Room Tip: Delaney Suite has a nice private porch/patio area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple