“Great Find”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Conch House Heritage Inn
Ranked #3 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and I had our first trip to Key West. Being in the Travel business, I did my research and came across this lovely, quaint, Inn. It was within walking distance of everything, large rooms, clean, and most of all, very pleasant staff and Sam the owner as well.
I will enjoy recommending this property to anyone who travels to Key West.

There are newer reviews for The Conch House Heritage Inn

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We enjoyed our 2 night stay of September 20/21 very much. The room was nice and spacious. Amy was very helpful, cheerful and courteous. We arrived about noon and she cheerfully accommodated an early check-in for us. The room was clean, as was the pool and kitchen/dining areas. We bought a key lime pie that was too large for temporary storage in the room fridge and Amy let us store it in the main house kitchen refrigerator. Breakfast was continental with a variety of pastries/muffins/bagels, boiled eggs, fruits, and cereals/oatmeals. The quality/taste of the coffee and orange juice were great. The local paper and USA today were available daily at breakfast. Even though the house is on Truman/US 1, which is the main route into Old Town, traffic noise was never a problem, and it's a couple blocks (only a couple minute walk) from Duval so crowd noise isn't a factor either. Overall, I'd call it a great B&B.

Room Tip: The Caribbean Room is located downstairs in a separate building from the main house, right next to t...
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Quaint, pretty, private, and walking distance to Duval street. We didn't rent a car but thought we would get bikes but there's no need because you can just walk. Since its on a side street it's not as loud as it would be on the main strip but it's close enough to walk for a meal or a view of the sunset on the pier. The pool is nice and we are the only ones in so it's not overcrowded. Even if all the guests were in the inn is small so it wouldn't matter. Rooms are pretty and clean. Breakfast is good. The hosts are friendly but give you your space. Glad we chose this b & b.

Room Tip: Close to Duval street.
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This should be rated better than #34 in Key West. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. If you are looking for a great B&B experience in Key West this is it. We stayed 8/22/12 just before Issac got there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Decided to take a last minute Labor Day weekend trip to Key West, I found the Conch House by doing an internet search.

Managed to get a very reasonable rate staying in the Frangipani room considering it was very last minute. The Room was very nice, clean and very spacious. The bed was perfect and having its own little porch was nice as well.

Carol who checked us in was fabulous, this is more that just a place to stay - rather it is a place to call home while visiting here.

1  Thank BravoPapa75
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I would recommend the Conch House to anyone looking for a comfortable laid back place to spend a few days. The staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful. The location is such that it was easy to get anywhere, either by foot or tram. On site parking was a bonus. The facility is not new; but it was exceptionally clean and well maintained. It was a great place for couples or adults traveling alone. The breakfasts were adequate and the coffee was delicious!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I just got back from a 6 night stay at the The Conch house and I could not be happier or feel more rejuvenated. I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere that felt more like coming home than the Conch House. Where else can you chat, for over half an hour, with the girl checking you in as if you've known her your whole life? I treated myself to breakfast out on my last morning and felt so guilty that I rushed back just to sit and have one last cup of coffee before I left. Every person that works there is fantastic. Carol, Hillary and the beautiful redhead (sorry! I forgot your name!) made this non-morning person smile every morning. The breakfast is your standard B&B fare but with enough options that it doesn't get boring. You can smell the coffee before you even get downstairs and it's delicious. My room, The Veranda Room, was every bit as pretty and as spacious as the online pics portray. The bed is super comfy and there was plenty of space to spread out. Just a warning... the Veranda room is at the front of the house and there is a lot of traffic noise. Do yourself a favor and download a white noise app for your phone and you will be good to go. I loved sitting on the veranda at night watching people walk by. You're far enough off Duval St. but close enough to walk to the action and the shopping. All in all this is a fantastic B&B with a lot to offer. If you like to feel at home when you go away and not just a credit card number then The Conch House is the place to go.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo