“Perfect for our reunion”

and 1 more site!
Amsterdam's Curry Mansion Inn
Ranked #8 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Our sorority group from college had a wonderful reunion in Key West. We stayed at the Curry Mansion which was perfect for our needs. The inn is just off Duval Street so we were near all the action. Everything was within walking distance. All we had to do was park our cars and never get into them again until our departure. Parking is at a premium in Key West, so it is a plus not to have to worry about it The rooms were very nice all surrounding the pool, a very relaxing gathering place. At any time of day, there was someone sitting in the patio area with whom to sit and talk. Breakfast was outside as was the cocktail hour every evening. The wine, food, and entertainment were all part of the room price, a great feature. Key West and the Curry Mansion are fun and festive places to be.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Curry for 4 days for our 13th wedding anniversary (May 9th-13th). We were part of a group of 14 people. Everyone in the group had a fantastic time. We decided to splurge with the Master Suite (Rm. 206) and were not let down. The room had a king sized bed, a separate sitting area with another bed and a refrigerator, a decent sized bathroom with a whirlpool tub, and a GIGANTIC porch that wrapped around the side of the building to the front and overlooked Caroline Street. The porch itself made the room. There was a table and chairs out there as well as two lounge chairs. We frequently hosted our own private parties out on our deck with 10+ people at times. A great way to start the day, chill out on the late afternoon, or stargaze late night. Without a question of a doubt, I would request this room every single time. Breakfast was very good with omelets made to order with a variety of ingredients to chose from, breads, bagels, bacon, pastries, and juices. The open bar from 5-7 was excellent. Complete with beer or any liquor you might want, all the stuff is laid out for you to make your drinks as strong as you wanted. (I stuck with Captain Morgan & Diet made in my large Captain Tony's cup) There was also a plethora of cheeses, crackers, pretzels, goldfish, and veggies. The first day we stayed down by the pool, but after that we hosted our own party out on our deck, coming back time to time to refresh our drinks. As far as location goes, it could not be beat. We were less than 100 yards from the best part of Duval street with some of our favorite spots (Lazy Gekko, Irish Kevins, Smokin Tuna, Sloppy Joes, and Captain Tony's) all within a 5 minute walk. Also very close by are the Schooner Wharf, Hogs Breath, and the Sunset Pier. Some incredible food can also be found at Grunts, Fogarty's, and Carolines which are all within 2 minutes. Pool was a tad small, but perfect for a quick dip in the afternoon to cool off before getting ready for the evening's activities. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We had a late flight on Monday and were able to keep our bags at the front desk for hours after the 11AM checkout while we did some final sightseeing in the afternoon. All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend the Curry Mansion Inn (and ESPECIALLY room 206). The other 6 couples we were with also had a great time.

Room Tip: Master Suite #1 (room 206) cannot be beat. The private deck that wraps around the building all the...
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Hospitality at its finest.the staff is warm and friendly and so is its environment.the mansion and its surroundings are heavenly.The breakfast and cocktail party are lovely and give the interesting guests a chance to share experiences. I would recommend this mansion to anybody who wants a great travel experience.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We were looking forward to our stay at the curry mansion as it looked elegant and refined. On our arrival, around 7.30pm, we were greeted by two drunks staggering from the hotels happy hour along with loud thumping music coming from nearby Duval Street. Our room was spacious and clean but the air conditioning unit was old, extremely noisy and not working properly, leaving our room and the small annex room very damp, especially the bedding. The music we heard on arrival continued until 4am keeping us awake most of the night. We were looking forward to the deluxe breakfast, as stated in the brochure and found it very overrated , a good choice but no different to most buffet breakfasts. I suppose the deluxe part must have been the eggs! The hotel was very disappointing ,noisy, tired and expensive. There are lots of hotels in Key West that are far better value for money. If you are looking for a place to stay close to the noisy bars and restaurants of Duval street and don't intend to go to bed until the early hours this is the pace for you but if you want a peaceful, idyllic place to stay look elsewhere .

3  Thank Frank E
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed at the Curry Mansion Inn, Key West for 5 days (May 10 - 15). The location is perfectly located with at 2 min walk to Duval St right in the heart of the restaurants and bars. The rooms are outstanding with free Eggs to order breakfast, toast, bagels, fresh fruit, cereal, and fresh juices from 8-10. There is also an happy hour with not only beer but many options for mixed drinks from 5 - 7. The staff is more than helpful and accommodating. We enjoyed our stay so much we are already considering going back soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

The Curry Mansion was the perfect spot to stay in Key West. It was our first time in Key West
and we enjoyed the proximity to Duvall Street, walking distance to all the bars and restaurants. The rooms where very clean. The morning complimentary breakfast by the pool was amazing. And the evening complimtary cocktail hour with the piano player was awesome and a great way to meet your fellow travelers.
We where only on Key West for 48 hrs so cannot wait to go back to explore the island more and
would definetly stay at the Curry Mansion again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2013

In past visits of more that 23 years ago, I was well aware of the Curry Mansion and promised myself if I ever returned to Key West, this is the place I want to stay. From all that I read of the Inn, it seemed elegant and a cut above other B&Bs one might find here.

This past weekend, I spontaneously decided to take a drive through the Keys and arrived in Key West without reservations. When I found there was availability at the Curry Mansion, I jumped at the chance to stay. I was shown to my room and was surprised that it wasn't located in the man Inn, but in a more modern addition surrounding the pool. Once settled and unpacked, I noticed a very loud throbbing coming through the wall. I went to the desk to ask if I was located near their laundry room as it sounded like I was in washing machine. I was then told it was probably coming from the adjacent bar/restaurant. Right then and there I should have insisted on a different room, but was not up for repacking and getting settled in another room. Later in the evening, a group of people gathered around the pool and were quite loud till late in the evening. My room was illuminated through the night by the lights around the pool. In the morning I was awoken at 7 by the staff loudly putting out breakfast near my room. I was at least looking forward to what appeared to be a lovely set up. I went off to take a shower and the water was icy cold. I ate and left quickly in disgust.

I suppose if one had a room in the main house, far from noise, lights, etc., one could have a nice time here. The afternoon cocktail hour was quite impressive and the breakfast was nice, but everything else for my stay was a major disappointment. I will never return.

The Key West Inn selections are significantly a better value...new and lovely. The Curry Mansion is just tired and old.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, make sure it's a room in the main Inn.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo