Frances Street Bottle Inn
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$336
Book now, pay at stay
US$263
US$241
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$277/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$472
US$195
US$191
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$213/night.

US$381
US$334
US$372
US$336
  • Pool
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$241
US$211
Priceline
All reviewswrap around porchduval streetyogurtfront porchbed and breakfasthard boiled eggsother guestslaid backrent bikesice machinestreet parkinggreat place to stayceiling fanstay in key westbnbfloridakeys
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was looking for a Pet Friendly quaint BB to stay in at Key West for the Weekend. After much searching - I decided on this BB as the pictures looked fascinating and totally inviting with everything it offered. I was extremely excited to get there with my partner and pooch as we were celebrating her 50th birthday. Though the front desk was somewhat pleasant, I can not say the same for room #7 that I was given. To start off with, it was smaller than any other BB I had ever stayed it, it had carpet - which is completely unacceptable, especially in the Keys, the window portable air conditioner was not working properly and was not properly secured where air escaped and hot air entered which is why it never did get cold. Already the first quick 5 second overview - I was disappointed... I figured it was only for the weekend, it shouldn't be that bad.. I did got to the front desk to have my room changed, but they were all booked and could not accommodate us. Ok, so let's go on... The website notes it is walking distance to the main Avenue - Duvall Street. Yes, if you want to walk 7 blocks...That night the room was incredibly uncomfortable, musty, humid etc.. but found sleep somehow. At 6am in the next morning, I woke up heading to the emergency room as my asthma flared up so bad it was unbearable to breath. After 4 hours in the emergency room and a series of medical questions and pumped medicine, we went back to check out. It was then where we took a better look at the cleanness of the room. The air condition filter was caked with some kind of substance, my pooch was infested with small microscopic critters on her white coat, the sheets had stains... You get the picture.. Why keep going..? We checked out very disappointed at this BB that looked so inviting on the web.. Don't be fooled by what you see - because it isn't always the case..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank nancyalcalde
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I failed to book a room in advance of our trip to Key West on Memorial day weekend...needless to say we would have stayed in a hammock if we had to as there were NO vacancies anywhere. We had dinner at Cafe Sole across the street(which was amazing) and mentioned to our server Micheal we were in need of accomodations. He went straight across the street for us and set us up. What a pleasant surprise!! Such a wonderful, charming house. Mark was so courteous and really made us feel at home. Thanks for a great stay! We will be back:)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sfloddjobs
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed in many B&Bs, this is not your typical B&B with antiques, Martha Steward decors and gourmet breakfast. If that is what you are looking for or if you are looking for room service, bell boy, this place is not for you. This is a very homey, clean, friendly, easy going type of place. Owner, Mark, is easy going, lay back and very friendly, he fit into Key West very well. We stayed in room 8, it was perfect for us and our little dog (mojo) the air wasn't working as good as we want but it is cool enough at night for a comfy sleep. I will recommend this place to all my friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just came back from visit 2 at the Bottle Inn. It is not a 5 Star Inn. It is a very homey, comfy, breezy and lived-in Key West B&B. If you are looking for a very high end, white gloves, bell-hop service place, you will not find that here. If you are coming to Key West to get out of the routine of hectic schedules and deadlines. If you want to sit out on the wrap around porch and melt into the breezy trees and enjoy some amuzings of the other guests and the host, then this may be your place. The rooms are clean and decently decorated. Nothing overboard. There is a notice in the bathroom that if you need more towels to just let them know.

The Francis Street Bottle Inn is the type of place that is not fussy or prime. The owner, Mark, is quite a character and very kind. He has the kind of personality that is made for a reality show. The new assistant he has working with him is not one to show much personality, although she is accommodating.

The location of the FSBI is just blocks from the main drag, Duval Street, yet quiet enough to enjoy the night air. There are bicycles you can rent or mopeds. I would highly suggest you ride the bicycles. The exercise will do you wonders:-)

The price for the location is a wonderful deal. This place is not for the ultra conservative. If you have a spirit of fun / play and a curiosity for new adventures in meeting new people, you will have a wonderful time.

PS. Be sure to dine at Cafe' Sole'. Ask for Skip. He is an amazing server and the food is sinful! Try the Sweet Buttery Fish. Yuuuummm!

Room Tip: If you would like to have your own private 2nd floor balcony with breezy trees, ask for the Varanda Room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MadisonCarlista
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We loved our stay at the Bottle Inn. It was so Historic Key West! We stayed in room 2, which was very comfortable, clean, and all that we needed. Mark, our host, told us great places to eat while we were there, and he didn't steer us wrong! We had breakfast our second morning on the wrap-around porch and it was beautiful sitting there with the sunshine and balmy breezes. We didn't want to leave!! Would definitely stay there again! I'm ready to go now!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple