We stayed at the Grand Guesthouse in June 2013, parked right in front of the B&B, parking is first come first serve so this worked out great. We were greeted by Derek who offered us a drink after our long drive down. He provided us with a map and answered all of our questions and gave us all the local insight to the best local restaurants and places to go and see. Fast walk to Duval street and we enjoyed the sunsets at Mallory Square and the local festivities.We rented bikes and pretty much hit the entire island. Hoggs Beach is just a short walk or bike ride away from the B&B, nice local beach and had a chance to watch all the roosters and chickens walking around.
We felt like we were the only guests even though they were fully booked. The only time we saw other guests was at breakfast time in the courtyard. If you are looking for a lot of action this may not be the place for you. We wanted a quiet place to stay, not a super fancy overpriced hotel with tons of people. This Grand Guesthouse offered a local flavor and laid back atmosphere which is exactly what we wanted. The continential breakfast was spot on, just enough for us and we were full and ready for the day.
We booked the queen suite down stairs and it was very clean, nice size bathroom and more than enough room for both of us. The room had everything we needed, microwave, frig and plates and utencils etc. Ice machne was right near our room, never can get too much ice. They offer a great value and it had everything that we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Old Town Key West, The Grand Guesthouse offers intimate accommodations for you to relax and recharge. We're a Frommer's Travel Guide Favorite, squeaky clean, comfortable, and affordable. All of our rooms feature local artwork and tropical decor, a small refrigerator, A/C & ceiling fan, cable television, a USB enabled alarm clock, and free wireless internet. A complimentary expanded continental breakfast is served every morning, and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Guesthouse Hotel Key West
- The Grand Guesthouse Key West, Florida