. . . because it was clean, convenient, and affordable compared to some other places. Situated near the intersection of Truman and Grinnell, I found The Grand Guesthouse easily as I arrived in Key West after dark. Of course, it probably helped that I had gone to Google street view and familiarized myself with the location. Parking is tight in front of the house, but there is plenty of parking in designated spots a half block in either direction.
I thought the continental breakfast was sufficient. There were pastries and breads, a toaster to heat them, fruit, yogurt, a selection of cereals, and many condiments. I also liked that the house has filtered water, and they also had orange juice and milk in the mornings. The coffee served was delicious. There is a Denny's on the corner of Truman and Duval if you want to get up and head out early.
My room was nice with a comfortable double bed, TV, a ceiling fan, and a really spacious bathroom. The glass shelf in the room was very loose and I was scared it might fall out and shatter so I didn't use it. There was a decent blow dryer. The water pressure in the shower was not that great, but there was plenty of hot water. The window unit air conditioner never went off, no matter how high I turned it up, and the noise was a little tiresome. Everything was clean and nicely decorated.
The front desk guy was very helpful. If no one is at the desk, you can call them from the phone they leave sitting there and get in touch right away. I felt safe even walking back to the neighborhood from Duval late at night. It's about a 15-minute walk from Duval and Truman.
I would probably rather stay a place that has a pool and hot tub, but I felt like this place was a good deal compared to many others. I enjoyed meeting other guests in the morning where breakfast is served.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Old Town Key West, The Grand Guesthouse offers intimate accommodations for you to relax and recharge. We're a Frommer's Travel Guide Favorite, squeaky clean, comfortable, and affordable. All of our rooms feature local artwork and tropical decor, a small refrigerator, A/C & ceiling fan, cable television, a USB enabled alarm clock, and free wireless internet. A complimentary expanded continental breakfast is served every morning, and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your The Grand Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Guesthouse Hotel Key West
- The Grand Guesthouse Key West, Florida