This is great little inn! This was our first visit to Key West so I cannot directly compare to other inns. This is the great stuff: The room was spotless. The maid service in the middle of the day kept everything neat. We spent five nights in a "deluxe queen suite" with a queen bed in a small bedroom and a separate sitting room with a sofa, dorm refrig, microwave, sink, table, dishes. We really appreciated the extra space. The bath was small but adequate. The room had a private entrance from the patio that was also serving space for breakfast. The price seemed to be little more reasonable compared to others in the area. The WiFi connection was great.
The good stuff includes: The continental breakfast was good for me because I was on a diet and could eat the fruit, grains, and yogurt and not be tempted by a delicious hot breakfast. The location was good because it is about 0.5 miles from the loud Duvall St crowd and the walk was good for my diet/excercise program. However if you have walking issues... The helpful owners/staff were always available in the day and very accomadating. They did not stay on property at night and I had no problem with that. However if you have issues at night...
The room for improvement stuff includes: The bed was a mattress on top of a plywood box. No box spring or bed frame. It was not very comfortable. The sofa was also not very comfortable for long periods. In general the room was bit spartan compared to other B&Bs that tend to be furnished and decorated nicer.
We had a wonderful visit and this is great little inn! It is just not grand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Old Town Key West, The Grand Guesthouse offers intimate accommodations for you to relax and recharge. We're a Frommer's Travel Guide Favorite, squeaky clean, comfortable, and affordable. All of our rooms feature local artwork and tropical decor, a small refrigerator, A/C & ceiling fan, cable television, a USB enabled alarm clock, and free wireless internet. A complimentary expanded continental breakfast is served every morning, and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grand Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Guesthouse Hotel Key West
- The Grand Guesthouse Key West, Florida