“A lovely guesthouse”

The Grand Guesthouse
Ranked #18 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We spent a lovely two nights at this guesthouse. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and Derek was most helpful. The guesthouse is a short walk from Duval stand the surrounding streets are safe and very quaint. Breakfast in the courtyard was lovely too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 696Siobhan1

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I recently got back from a trip to Key West and stayed at the Grand Guest House. I’m a regular traveler for work, and spend a lot of time in corporate hotels so when I vacation I always like to stay at places a little more unique and intimate like Bed and Breakfasts. Key West has some great options and the Grand did not disappoint. I put off booking a place until the week before my trip, which limited my options when looking for something affordable and nice, I lucked out by choosing the Grand! I appreciated the fact that I could see the rooms and book online easily from their website – you can’t always do this with B&B’s (sometimes having to call or email to check availability) and I usually don’t get around to booking things until the evening well past regular working hours.

This small property has a lot of personality; the grounds are gorgeous and private. It’s in a great location – easy walking to the beach or Duval St. (Better yet, they have bikes to rent onsite). The room I had was a one bedroom suite and had a fridge, microwave, futon couch, and the A/C worked well (which is important in July). The room was clean and quiet. Parking was available right out front, and additional was available at the end of the block – which was nice, I’ve been to some places at Key West and had to find street parking, or their lot was far too small.

Best of all the manager of the property, Derek, went out of his way to make you feel welcomed and give advice on places to eat and things to do.

I’m sure I’ll be back to Key West sometime in the future and will definitely book the Grand again! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Room 7 was great - futon couch, fridge, lots of room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank tfox37
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This was the second time we stayed at The Grand. Our room was very clean and spacious. We loved breakfast on the patio. We were only blocks from BBQing at the beach or busy Duval. Thank goodness for Derek who is always so helpful and has great suggestions for places to go. My hubby and I can't wait to return.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Trblek
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This a great B&B. Very clean. The staff was wonderful! Derek was so helpful suggesting great places to eat, making reservations for us and making our stay a great experience. It is located a little off the beaten path but we were still able to walk to everything. They have bikes to rent and a great expanded continental breakfast. Maria kept everything really clean. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked great. It was very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This peaceful place is a great starting point for exploring this beautiful island. We spent three nights/four days here and we were very glad that we chose this lovely BB. The guest house is surrounded by small, beautiful garden with lots of tropical plants - a very nice touch. It is also very rustic, but clean and well maintained. We were in the room no. 4, overlooking breakfast patio. Only bad thing was the sound of a/c, so if you have a light sleep you will understand my point. The staff is very, very friendly and helpful! You can rent a bike there and this is most easiest way to go around the Key West. All the important sights are about 10, 15 minutes by foot or by bike from the guest house, including famous Duval street. I will really recommend this place and you should know that this BB is for adults only.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vukica J
Reviewed 26 June 2014

What a comfortable and friendly place to stay! Off the beaten path in a quiet area. Bike rentals right by the front porch and Derek was so great with suggestions for things to see and do (or not)--especially a great Cuban restaurant and a sandwich place both just around the corner! Duval Street is an experience not to be missed, but it was wonderful to have a little haven away from the tourist stompings and noise after a day walking or riding through the Key West sites. Cute little private patio and a daily breakfast buffet. Very very homey! A very pleasant and appreciated experience! By the way, who needs a pool??

Room Tip: We had room 2, small, but with a little private patio and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank baderman1
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I'm glad I chose the Grand Guesthouse for my first overnight stay in Key West. It's a very well-run operation with all the amenities I needed -- a clean, comfortable, well-appointed room with a great shower; a decent well-presented continental breakfast; helpful staff (thanks, Mark and Derek!); bike rentals on site (a great convenience); a quiet street in a nice neighborhood; centrally located for getting around on foot or bike; and clear, printed information provided on the inn's policies and on Key West itself. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I ever come back.

That said, it did seem odd to me to have the mattress placed on top of a plywood board, but I can't complain about the comfort -- I slept well. I also thought it odd to have an envelope on the table that suggested how much of a tip I should leave for the maid, but I got over it after seeing how clean the room was the first night and every day thereafter (I stayed four nights). Overall, this is a class operation that I believe most travelers to Key West would enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo