Heron House was a very convenient location to all the happenings in the Duval Street area. Our room by the pool was lovely with a few minor issues. We agree with many of the other comments people have made however we spend very little time in our room.
Biggest drawback-no parking-it's find your own space or lot. We spent quite a lot of money for 4 days of parking.
I have never been to a hotel that doesn't address you by name arriving and leaving. The staff was not friendly. When leaving we were not even asked how we enjoyed our stay.
Our tv remote was not working. The safe activation was off. All of those things should have been checked prior to guests arriving. The sheets in one of the beds had holes in them, a real turn off. The hotels had stains from make up on them, again a real turn off The pool grout definitely needed a good cleaning. It is an old piece of property and we realize it is hard to maintain however if you expect top dollar, clean it up.
The continental breakfast was outside in a lovely covered area. It was adequate. For a great breakfast go to SARABETH's a few steps away.
We would probably find a different hotel or B & B next time. We still had a wonderful time despite the shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private Retreat situated in the heart of Old Town; 1 block from Duval Street & 4 blocks from Hemingway House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heron House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heron House Hotel Key West
- Heron House Key West, Florida