“Paradise!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Yorkshire
“Paradise!”
Reviewed 14 December 2007

I have just spent the most wonderful relaxing three weeks in the Popular House B&B with my partner. We first stayed here for 10 days in 2005 and before we left this year we booked for next year. The atmosphere is peaceful and relaxing, the staff could not be more lovely most welcoming and nothing is too much trouble, we feel totally at home here. The place is spotless with rooms cleaned daily to a very high standard with fresh towels and linen. There are swings, hammocks, chairs and sofas on porches and balconies around the property for anyone and everyone to relax upon as well as sofas and chairs in the lounge where we often chilled with a bottle of wine from the local store. There is a huge jacuzzi in the private garden which I calculate will hold 14 comfortably. Despite this whenever we wanted to use it we were able to have it all to ourselves. There is also a sauna. The garden consists of decking with tables and chairs where most people eat breakfast surrounded by lush tropical vegetation, palm trees, ferns, orchids and hibiscus to name a few. There is also a large orange tree laden with fruit. Quality background music wafts unobtrusively but no TV anywhere which I class as a bonus. This is the place to relax and unwind in peace and quiet and yet if you crave the bright lights, the bars, restaurants and shops of Duval Street are three blocks away (10 minutes leisurely stroll). The nearest bar is the Schooner Wharf Bar just at the top of the street alongside the beautiful water of the Gulf of Mexico, 5 minutes walk. (Highly recommended live music, cocktails and food.) There are many restaurants, Chinese, Italian, Cuban, American etc serving an excellent variety of dishes within a short walk. The seafood in key West is excellent. The Popular house has lots of original art on its walls, books and magazines; Time, National Geographic, Art/Architecture etc. plus the local daily paper the Key West Citizen. The room rates are excellent value. We paid $122.65 for a comfortable spacious room with two double beds, en suite bathroom with shower over bath, air conditioning and ceiling fan. The only thing I have not mentioned in detail is the breakfast. I kept the best for last it inspired me to write a poem. Relax there is no room here for it but I will try to include it as a photo. Suffice it to say it was fabulous and healthy too! A fruit mountain, toast, bagels, cream cheese, banana cake, coffee, tea and juice etc. I may regret this review if the place gets too popular and I cannot get in when I want but I will risk it. This was my 6th trip to key West and this place is the best I have stayed by a long long way. We are counting the days....

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
1 Thank TaffTyke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Delano, MN.
Reviewed 18 November 2007

My wife and I just returned from a memorable 34th Anniversary trip to the Keys. We stayed at the Key West Bed and Breakfast four nights and both of us simply loved this place! We are looking forward to returning to Key West for future vacations and will make certain we stay here again!!! All of the areas of "old town" are within easy walking distance and the neighborhood is quiet and relaxing. We highly recommend this B & B and all that it has to offer.

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2007

Very relaxing. Great location. Staff went out of there way. Would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Thanks for a wonderful time. Place is very clean and well kept.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
Scranton, PA
Reviewed 7 November 2007

We loved the Key West B&B and can't wait to come back.

Liz and Dave were both very friendly and accomodating. Though we had our dinner reservations made before coming to town, it's a good idea to let these guys give you recommendations. They know where and where not to go.

We stayed in the Front Room on the third floor, which overlooks William St.. This room is nicely decorated in island style, has it's own bathroom and is quiet since there's only one other room on the floor. In addition to the guestrooms, there are common areas all over the house - inside & out.

Breakfast was very, very good, with fruit, breads, baked goods, fresh squeezed OJ, etc.

We were here, but not here for, Meeting of the Minds, which is an annual Parrothead gathering. Even though we were in KW with a few thousand Buffet fans, and the B&B is just a few blocks off of Duval St., the place is quiet and seems far away from the party. We enjoyed talking to the other guests since everyone was very friendly.

Parking is tight here, as it is all over Key West. Because of the great location, you don't need a car while you're staying here. You can rent bikes at the B&B for $12/day or get a scooter at one of the local places for $75-85 for 24hr rental. (There's scooter parking on just about every block.)

(Check out BO's Fish Wagon, just a few blocks up at the corner of William & Caroline. As usual, everything we had was good there.)

Next time we come to Key West, hopefully 2008, no doubt we'll be staying at the KW B&B.

• Liked — Staff, location, room, breakfast
  • Disliked — That we had to leave!!
3 Thank LowriderH-D
florida
Reviewed 24 October 2007

What a great place to relax just five minutes from Duval! The rooms are beyond comfortable and the breakfast is luscious! Fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh made cakes and a comfy courtyard to eat in.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank FloridaPoppie
Munich
Reviewed 22 October 2007

I Loved the Key West Bed & Breakfast located at 415 William Street in Key West, right in the middle of the Old Town. There is nothing more to say, watch the photos! And it's not expensive!

Rotterdam
Reviewed 16 October 2007

This hotel is the best way to experience Key West all the employees take good care of you and have very good eating out suggestions. The good experience starts already when booking the hotel. Even though the first contact was via email I reconfirmed the booking via the phone. What a delight. The rooms are well kept and clean as “Germans” would clean. We had the Bates room on the first floor. Decoration was amazing. The front porch a good spot to relax. The breakfast with the fresh baked cake every morning was astonishing. We had a very good time there and I would recommend it to everybody.

I also would like to thank Lizz for the great care, laughs and good sense of humor . I wish I had somebody like that on my staff. Thank you all for the great time and change nothing. It can not be made better!

Chris

• Liked — Just about everything
  • Disliked — Nothing