“Hospitality and Charm”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Hospitality and Charm”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place is just embodies the quintessential quaint conch house B&B. I've spent many years visiting Key West and the KW B&B is in a perfect location, it's quiet and convenient to local hang outs, while still being within an arms length of other spots in Old Town. The staff is FABULOUS...between Liz, Trisha and Lucy, we were spoiled with their hospitality. The decor is eclectic and incredibly stylish. They really made my boyfriend's (first ever!) visit to Key West a delight with their recommendations. They even put up with me working in different areas of the house. Everything about this place is comfortable and I would highly recommend you stay here (if you are lucky enough to nab a room!).

Room Tip: We loved our king poster bed room on the first floor...private and convenient.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meghan C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Black Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The rooms are large, the breakfast excellent with lots of FRESH fruits and wonderful breakfast cakes and fresh-squeezed orange juice and a special blend coffee. The folks behind the desk are willing to go the extra mile to help you find exactly what you are looking for and always have a smile on their face. Plenty of outside nooks and crannies with beautiful flowers to relax PLUS a very relaxing hot tub. And the best of all --- it's a quiet place to stay. It's within walking distance to most of the major attractions.
Richard & Diane Graham
Black Mountain, N.C.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 April 2014

What a lovely inn for a few nights away from the cold in Washington DC. Jody and her incredibly warm and hospitable staff - Liz, Tricia and Lucy. We were made to feel at home the moment we arrived, given recommendations to not-in-the-guidebook places to eat and enjoy an afternoon. The house is impeccably maintained, located on a charming street of restored 19th c. homes near, but not too near, the hustle and bustle of Duval St. and the harbor. It was extremely convenient - rent bikes right at the inn, walk anywhere in the old town for lunch or dinner, or get picked up for a kayaking tour of the back country. This is a very special place. How soon can we get back?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BizTravlr2013
Westborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 April 2014

When I saw on the website that the KWBB has no TV anywhere on premise, I had a hunch it was the place for me. I hoped to book a full week for an early March vacation, but alas the schedule was full and I could only secure my last two nights. Surprise surprise, however, a cancellation! The staff contacted me to add the extra nights to my stay but silly me, I opted to stick with a backup booking I had made at establishment next door. This turned out to be a ho-hum experience at best, and long story short, I was able to slide into KWBB for a total of 3 nights. Bliss, joy-- I did not know what I was missing but never will I make that mistake again. I am now a KWBB devotee for life. While it may not be every traveler's definition of accommodation paradise, that's OK by me. The location is perfect--love Williams Street--the colors, details, and decor throughout are soothing and inspiring, and there's just enough staff and other guests around so you can enjoy company if you want to, savor privacy if you don't. Throughout the house and gardens, every detail shows the love, pride, spirit, and creativity that goes into operating this delightful house. Breakfast is on the lighter side with breads and fruit, mostly, but for me, that's perfect, as you are not exactly in a food desert while visiting Key West. Peaceful, cool, friendly, casual, elegant, clean, welcoming, and well loved, even the shared baths were a treat with the best shower I have ever experienced and an eclectic assortment of complimentary shampoos, soaps, etc. I would not change a thing and will be back soon as I can.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank andersonb123
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We recently spent a week at this lovely B and B, and could not have been more pleased with our choice. It offers a quiet, relaxing atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, a clean and inviting environment, and scrumptious breakfast. It's in a quiet residential area, but only a short stroll to restaurants and places of interest. It was exactly what we were looking for, and not only met, but exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: We stayed in the king room across from the desk on the main floor, and it was lovely. Noise was not...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2014

For my last college spring break, I wanted a quiet, non-partying, beach vacation somewhere substantially warmer than New York City, where I attend school. My mother came up with the idea of Key West since it's within the US (no need for a passport), a safe community, and literally the southernmost point of the US. She originally planned to go with me but when her vacation days fell through, I decided to go by myself. Solo traveling and being alone don't bother me but a good place to rest your head and call a home base makes a major difference in a vacation... especially when you don't have the general distraction of company. The little details stand out more when you're alone.

In looking for affordable lodging I came across the Key West Bed and Breakfast. First off, they had the best prices on the island (I booked in early December for a mid-March trip): $125 a night in high season for a single room in a premium location. And anyone who has tried traveling alone in the US knows that finding lower for a SINGLE room is near impossible. Furthermore, their website was welcoming, informative, colorful, and gave a very appealing overview of the B&B. I hadn't stayed at a B&B before and was a bit apprehensive about the socializing, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to meet more people on my vacation. Plus my parents felt better about me being in a more intimate environment where I would be noticed and safer. Their gorgeous pictures solidified the deal and after a friendly conversation over the phone, my vacation was booked. I instantly received an email confirming my reservation and containing all the information I needed about staying there. It is notable that I was originally meant to split shift between two rooms since none were open for my entire stay. In late January I received an unexpected email saying that in fact they had moved me into one of those rooms for my entire stay, allowing me to settle in completely. Now that's customer service. I didn't even ask!

Fast-forward to March. Let me tell you that, like any picturesque setting, no photos do this bed and breakfast justice. It is impossible to capture. You cannot comprehend just how cozy and beautiful it is until you step through the front doors, which are always open during the day. It's known as the Popular House, for this reason. It cannot be said enough: the Key West Bed and Breakfast makes you feel at home from the moment you arrive. The old house oozes charm and every decoration choice works toward creating a homey space that feels like a home away from home. This is not your average hotel meant only for you to sleep and leave. The house and its staff make you feel like you’re wrapped in a giant hug for the entirety of your stay.

The woman who greeted me, Lucy, immediately took me up to see my room and insisted that I get comfortable before coming down and settling the bill and such. I’ve never heard of this comfort-before-business attitude. They clearly put their customers’ contentment before all else. I looked around Mo's Room and sighed a breath of happiness. It was not too small but not too large; its mattress was perfectly soft; the front two windows looked out onto the front porch with a multi-colored hammock… with which I quickly fell in love. That porch was literally two steps away from my door. When I did come down refreshed and changed into island-appropriate clothes, Lucy toured me around the rest of the house, whipped out a map and gave me directions to the best bars, restaurants, and attractions in the area, as well as marking the B&B's location with a mini drawing of a house. For the next three days, she and whoever was working gave thoughtful suggestions about whatever I needed.

Breakfast was served from 8:30-10:30am, giving a wide time range that allowed me to sleep in later. They go above and beyond with breakfast. There's not only every fresh fruit you can imagine, but also a fresh baked (on the premises) bread of some sort – while I was there these included a chocolate chip banana bread and a coconut bread with pineapple chunks. They also have fresh bagels and toast, cereals, and my personal favorite: a juice presser that you can personally use to squeeze your own orange juice. Then, after you've assembled all this deliciousness, you can take your meal out to the intimate deck and sit under palm trees while soaking up the heat. Every morning's meal was so satisfying and a great kick-start to another relaxing day.

I stayed for three and a half days (arriving Saturday afternoon and leaving Wednesday morning) but I could've stayed so much longer. Key West itself exudes tranquility and relaxedness completely contrasting with my native Northeast. The Key West Bed and Breakfast fits impeccably into its role as “vacation home.” On normal vacations I feel compelled to explore the area and see everything I can possibly see. While I did do some compulsory exploring and did get away from the B&B for a good portion of each day, I felt so at home that I felt perfectly justified spending hours on end there simply reading. The employees are friendly and will ask how your day has been, same with other guests at times, but no one is intrusive. You make of this B&B experience what you want. If you want conversation, you can have it. But if you want more privacy, you can easily keep to yourself. Even breakfast is held at separate tables – no communal dining table that forces interaction. I felt a mutual bond with the other guests that was enough to ask how their day was after casual breakfast conversations, but never felt trapped into anything.

After three and a half days of biking around the island (they even will rent you bikes, which is super convenient and a fantastic deal: only $12 a day), eating all the seafood I could get my hands on, laying out on beaches, and spending as much time in the second-floor porch hammock and first-floor outdoor couch nook as I could, I felt honestly sad to leave. Magically, I hadn’t felt one ounce of stress or anxiety since boarding the plane in New York. I had gotten accustomed to the company of the friendly, kind women working there over those days (I even met the owner, Jody, who is absolutely lovely if you get the chance to meet her), my room felt like it had become mine, and I had fallen so in love with the house. It has since been a week and I still miss the Key West Bed and Breakfast horribly. I'm sure I would've enjoyed Key West while staying anywhere. But the Key West Bed and Breakfast made the island my new home away from home. I will MOST CERTAINLY be back, hopefully next time with my mother. I literally cannot wait.

Room Tip: Mo's Room is great for solo travelers. Its windows look right out onto the front porch on the se...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank AnnaLiseD06
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We enjoyed our 3 night stay at Key West Bed and Breakfast because of the location of this B & B, the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, the quiet little places to relax on the property, the neighborhood, our room, the cleanliness of the entire house and the delicious breakfast. Having a cup of coffee on the side porch in the AM with no feelings of being rushed; deciding what to do that day with input from the staff; coming back in the afternoons to cool off and relax again and then out for dinner and the sunset all within walking distance...well we will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms are on 3 levels so be aware of stairs. However, we were on the first floor and loved the loc...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends