My wife and I stayed at the Seascape for 3 nights this past Thanksgiving, and we had an AMAZING time!! We had never been to Key West before and wanted to have a quiet, peaceful romantic getaway. I searched TripAdvisor for B&Bs, and after reading all the great reviews about the Seascape, we decided to try it out. I am SO GLAD we did. We couldn't have asked for a better place! My review here won't do it justice -- you NEED to see for yourself.
We stayed in one of the poolside queen rooms. It was very clean and comfortable. When we arrived, Koko (the inn's manager) greeted us with an ice cold beer and helped us get settled into our room. Parking can be a bit of a problem in Key West, but Koko saved us a parking space right in front of the inn, and we left our car there all weekend (there's no need for a car...everything is in walking distance). The inn is in the most ideal location -- right off Duval Street. However, even though Duval has a bustling night life, you can't hear ANY of that noise when you're at the Seascape. It's very peaceful and relaxing.
The Seascape also has a really nice thermal pool (bigger than a jacuzzi but smaller than a normal size pool). The temperature was always perfect. Also, there are 4 cats that live at the inn, and we had such a fun time hanging out with them. If you're not a cat person, they won't bother you, but if you are, they will come right up to you. The breakfast every morning was standard continental fare (muffins, bagels, cereal, etc.) but still very good -- the champagne mimosas were an excellent touch!!
We also met a lot of really great people while we were staying there. It's a small inn -- only 6 rooms. It primarily caters to couples, so if you're looking for a peaceful getaway without any kids, this would be an excellent choice.
The next time we are in Key West, we will DEFINITELY stay at the Seascape! I am telling anyone who is thinking of going to Key West to seriously consider this wonderful place. Thanks Koko for the great hospitality!!!
Oh, and one last plug: while you're in Key West, eat at Salsa Loca -- hands down the BEST mexican restaurant I think I have ever been to. And it's right down the street from the Seascape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape from the everyday at the Seascape Tropical Inn. Enjoy one our seven tropically appointed rooms or our spacious Havana Suite. Secluded sundecks, in-ground heated pool/spa and lush tropical gardens surround you in quiet serenity. Seascape Tropical Inn, one of Key Wests best kept secrets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Seascape Tropical Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seascape Tropical Hotel Key West
- Seascape Tropical Inn Key West, Florida