“I'll never stay anywhere else!!”

Seascape Tropical Inn
Ranked #62 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 December 2006

I love the Seascape Tropical Inn! I have stayed at this property 4 or 5 times now, and each time I'm there it gets better and better. My last visit was this past October, and in the time since I was there last (January 2006), they had completely redecorated the rooms. The rooms are gorgeous - new paint, new carpet, new pictures on the walls!! Beth, Chris and Koko are always wonderful, friendly and unbelievably helpful. They're full of great suggestions for restaurants and activities. I'll be back in Key West in a few weeks, and I can't wait for my next stay at the Seascape!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lolorose

Reviewed 10 October 2006

The second time to The Seascape was as good as the first! I place value on consistant service and I loved the wonderful attitude and thoughtfulness of the owners and Koko, the manager. Once again, the details of my room was very pleasant. The flat screen TV, the fresh cut rose, the in room coffee maker and many other small details along with the decor make this Inn a great value.

One of the most delightful parts of staying at a Bed and Breakfast is the opportunity to get to know the other guests. Staying at bigger resorts I tend to stick to myself, but at The Seascape, it's nice to chat it up with other people staying there. Once again, I loved the location of the inn, which is right off Duval in the middle of the island. A restaurant, Salsa Loco, which is right around the corner was recomended by Beth, one of the owners, and it had a fantastic cheese dip and steak burrito. We only went to restaurants recommended by the owners and staff and were never disappointed.

I can't wait to get down there again, especially when it's cold and bitter up north. I know I have a home away from home at Seacape!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikeinvirginia
Reviewed 21 September 2006

I stayed here with my friend in March and we stayed at the studio. The place was extremly clean and cozy. The matress was on the firm side which we prefered.
All I can say is that forget about sharing a shower....only one will fit and also be prepared to be woken up by a near by rooster around 5-6 am. But to be honest roosters are all over the place in Key West so bring the ear plugs!!! I am not joking.
The bedroom has a low ceiling so if you are over 6 feet this will be an issue.
But overall we loved it!! Koko and the owners were extremly friendly. The pool was a nice place where to hang out at night.
We never had the complementary breakfast but did noticed little boxes of cereal, yogurts and coffee.
About the parking...Koko was kind enough to reserve a spot ofr us with a bike. Once you find a spot....is better to always walk. Parking can be a nightmare.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2006

My husband and I, upon recommendation of a friend, stayed at the Seascape Tropical Inn for our honeymoon this month. It was our first trip to Key West and it could not have been more wonderful. The inn's owners, Chris and Beth, surprised my husband and I with a gift of champagne and flutes to celebrate our honeymoon. They made renting bicycles to travel the island simple and recommended to us only the most fabulous restaurants which insured every meal was fantastic.

The fat and friendly kitties: Fang, Fred, Nona and Charlotte added to the inn's charm and quaint atmosphere. Breakfast and mimosas every morning...who could ask for more?

We will definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ginaberko72
Reviewed 19 July 2006

The friendly staff was more than helpful with recommendations for dinner and entertainment, not unlike having our very own, personal, concierge! The studio we rented was cozy and clean, with all the latest amenities (The rooms even have flat screen TVs!!) With the inn being right between Duval Street and the Hemmingway house on Olivia Street, we couldn't have picked a better location!

We'll definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave72
Reviewed 19 July 2006

I hadn't visited Key West since I was a child, so I didn't have much of a recolection of the town or what to do and where to go. I decided to stay at a bed and breakast instead of the standard type hotel/motel. It was the best decision I could've made! It was like a home away from home! The atmospere of Seascape Inn made it very easy to relax and feel like you were visiting with friends. The owners first vacationed in Key West and then made it their permanent residence. Any question I had about what to do or where to go, they had the answer. It was like having my very own travel agent! The owners and employees of Seascape Inn couldn't have been nicer. Always smiles and how can we help you? They even remember your name so you feel as though you're with family and friends! I feel I have definitely found my home away from home in the Seascape Inn!!

Stayed: June 2006
Reviewed 6 July 2006

My husband and I just returned after 4 days at the Seascape Tropical Inn. We were celebrating 20 years and this was a perfect place for a romantic getaway. It is located just off of Duval which was close enough to all the action to walk to and far enough that we were not disturbed by the late night goings on. The owners and staff were wonderful! Very friendly and offered up many great suggestions for things to do and places to eat. We felt right at home immediately as we were checking in, Coco made sure we did not want for anything! We so enjoyed our daily sharing stories of our adventures while filling up on the continental breakfast with Beth and Coco. We will definitely be back and recommend this beautiful B&B to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2006