Tropical Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Orchid Key Inn(Key West)
  • Breakfast included
Almond Tree Inn(Key West)
La Te Da Hotel(Key West)
Marquesa Hotel(Key West)
  • Pool
All reviewscoconut cabanab bduval sthot tubkey limebamboo roomhonor systemprivate jacuzzigarden and pool areatropical gardengreat location on duvalthe main housetrip to key westback porchbed and breakfastevery morningwine bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2009

We had the greatest weekend ever in Key West! And, a huge part of that had to do with the adorable Bed and Breakfast we stayed in. Tropical Inn was perfect. Right on Duval, in the middle of the fun! But, not to worry, we were in the front room upstairs and could not hear a thing :-) We relaxed by their wonderful pool during the day, then walked out our front door to the bars and restaurants in the evening! And, Jane made a wonderful quiche breakfast in the morning! Fantastic! We're already planning on making this trip a yearly adventure.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed the Tropical Inn. The room was immaculate and the bed was awesome! I loved the "hot baked" items on the breakfast buffet.
My only complaint was the noise from Duval Street and neighboring houses during the night, but I guess that is expected with the close proximity to each other. But really it wasn't terribly bad, just annoying at times.
I would only request that there be more comfortable seating for relaxing and reading around the pool area. The lounge chairs are great for "sunning", but not very comfortable for hours of reading. Maybe some cushions would help. A heated pool would also be nice.
We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 27 April 2009

I would like to say that with all the inns, b&bs and hotels that are down in Key West, I have discovered a paradise in paradise. The Tropical Inn is very relaxing with wonderful people both staying there and working there. From the moment you walk in, you know that you are in paradise with it's lush, calming garden with pool and jacuzzi. This weekend was both a birthday celebration (for me) and my first official vacation with my boyfriend and I can not describe what a wonderful time I had there, the only thing I lament is that I should have stayed longer. I recommend this place so much that I'm actually making reservations for my sister and her boyfriend to stay there for her birthday weekend next month. at the begining I wanted to book the Gecko's Garden room but it was not available so I stayed at the Pineapple Hideaway and I would have to say that I fell in love with the privacy of that cottage with my private entrance and private jacuzzi.....I recommend this place to anyone that wants a nice romantic time with a wonderful staff that goes that extra step to make you feel at home.

Reviewed 25 April 2009

The Tropical Inn is centrally located midway on Duval Street. You can walk from the inn to either end of the island. The inn being centrally located brings the funkiness of Key West to your doorstep. Dogs, Cats, Roosters, tourists speaking many languages Gay and Straight all add to the ambience. The Inn feels like it belongs there. The pool and jacuzzi are set in a tropical garden away from the hustle and bustle of Duval Street. A relaxing place to cool down and read on a hot afternoon. The staff was friendly. The breakfasts were excellent. Overall a far better way to enjoy all that Key West is.

Reviewed 21 April 2009

My husband (boyfriend at the time) and I stayed at the Tropical Inn for 1 night 2 years ago and enjoyed it so much, we decided to return this year for 4 nights/5 days. I spent weeks researching other hotels and cabin/house rentals in the area so I had a good idea of what the costs were compared to the amenities. When all was said and done, we decided that the Tropical Inn would offer us all that we wanted and needed:
Good Breakfast
Private Jacuzzi
Comfortable, relaxed, private accomodations
Parking
Natural beauty
Proximity to Duval St. (and hence, Mallory Sq, sunsets, concentrated restaurants bars etc)
Quiet
If you've been to Key West and spent time on Duval, you know that getting proximity to Duval and quiet can be a challange but we found it here.

Highlights:
* We stayed at the Tuckaway the first time and the Pineapple Hideaway the second. Both were fabulous and secluded but the Pineapple was much bigger and more private. And also included a parking space and seperate entrance to our cottage. It was like we lived in the keys and had our own home (minus a full kitchen). Both rooms had a private jacuzzi but again, the Pineapple's was bigger.

* As stated, there was no full kitchen but a full size fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink, wine glasses and several napkins, paper plates and other little things you might need for a simple, reheated meal.

* The private jacuzzi was wonderful..cover was easily removed and kept water beautiful, always warm and ready for a dip. Private, fenced-in porch was comfortable and lit with small sting lights for very romantic atmosphere.

* It was extremely quiet inside the room. Outside, you could hear movies from the bar down the street (even on a Monday evening at midnight?) but it was not bad and actually lent to the "downtown" feel. Roosters crow pretty much all the time, but hey, it's Key West.

* You are within a nice walk of Mallory Square (< mile). In the summer, you might want to take it slow and stop for drinks on the way but it helps to work off all the Key Lime Pie and seafood. The walk to the beach at the Ft was not so great and we ended up taking the car the second time but it's a breeze when you have a parking space to return to!!

* Breakfast is nice but carb-rich. Boiled eggs were always offered as well as delightful slices of cheddar and pepperjack. 3-4 types of different breads, cereal (2 types), 4-5 different spreads (cream cheese, jams etc), 4-5 different slices of fruit (melon, pineapple etc) coffee, oj, milk. Two days included a delicious fritatta of some sort. I would have enjoyed having the fritatta available every morning as well as a breakfast meat.

* The Inn and rooms are not ordinary or stuffy. They are elegant while being totally relaxed. Pieces of "island" type art are in every room. The sink in the kitchenette was beautifully decorated ceramic, the floor is like Itallian tile, the bathroom with rain shower head is marble. A huge, simple edged mirror at least 5'x3' greets you in bedroom area. The linens are white, soft and thick. I want the same pillows for my bed at home. The decoration is both masculine and feminine without being obvious. My very manly husband thought it was perfect and so did I (extremely not manly ;)

* The innkeepers were friendly and gracious. My husband even secretly arranged to have a dozen, gorgeous, long stemmed roses waiting for me when we arrived...as well as chocloate covered strawberrries and chilled champagne. They coordinated everything and even made suggestions that enhanced the whole experience.

* The grounds at the Inn are like a tropical garden and absolutely beautiful. The pool was a little too cool for us but beautiful to look at or sit by.

* I would consider this a luxury accomodation and was fairly expensive (for us). Room rates vary by day (weekday or weekend) and season. Most of our days fell on the weekday discounted rate and we were not visiting at peak season. We spent about $1300 for 4nt/5dy.

1  Thank WholisticMystic