Navy Lodge Key West
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$494
US$286
  • Restaurant
US$280
US$258
Eden House(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$416
US$388
TripAdvisor
US$468
US$414
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$189
TripAdvisor
US$367
US$325
US$362
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnavy exchangetrumbo pointplace to stayyogurtno elevatorfront desk personnelwalking distancecoffee makerconvenient locationrooms are cleanclose to duval streetfirst floora great staycommissarypxkitchenetteannex
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Your basic base hotel. Call 60 days in advance to book your dates. Rooms are nice and clean. ITT, Commissary and Exchange all next door to the lodge. Downtown Key West is about a 10 minute drive away.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Akba
GM-NLKW, General Manager at Navy Lodge Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Thank you for your review. We look forward to serving you again should you return to Our little slice of paradise.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Note: This property is restricted for use by active duty and retired military and DOD (Check for specifics).
My wife and I discovered Key West in the mid-80's while I attended a specialized Navy conference and we have returned every year since. We have stayed at a cross section of better hotels all over Key West and have rented multi-bedroom houses to accommodate friends and family. About five years ago, a retired National Guard Adjutant General chided me for never checking out the Navy Lodge at Sigbee Point. He shamed me into it and we have never looked back. Thanks General, it's the only way to go; especially now that the Navy Lodge has installed a reliable and free Internet access that had been my nemesis from our very first visit.
About five years ago, the Lodge underwent a major "refreshment" and thanks to a terrific staff, they have kept the place almost like new. The rooms are located on two floors (downside - no elevator) but are roomy and squeaky clean with one or two beds, flat screen TV,a comfy chair, a work/dining table and chairs and two very large dressers. An adjacent kitchenette includes an apartment sized fridge, a two-burner electric cooktop, stainless sink, a good sized microwave, a coffeepot and loads of kitchen cabinets and drawers fully equipped with pots, pans, silverware, glassware and dishes for four. Daily housekeeping service is also included.
Sigbee is primarily a military housing, dependent's school and recreation area (with a huge RV Park) and as such is protected by Navy security personnel who take their job very seriously (100% ID checks, strict speed enforcement). Although it's a hike to Old Town (a rental car is a necessity), Sigbee is extremely quiet in comparison to almost every place in Key West where the incessant, high pitched drone of chainsaw-engine motor bikes and scooters will drive you nuts (even at the high end hotels).
A word of caution: rooms book up quickly during the high season, so plan on reserving a room at the sixty day mark (the earliest date you can make them) or risk loosing out.
If you want the action and high energy level of Old Town Key West, this is not the place to stay. But for $99.00 a night, you can't find a better rate on the entire Island....and the folks are just plain nice. Do it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
17  Thank skipmays
GM-NLKW, General Manager at Navy Lodge Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

WOW! Captain, thank you so much for taking the time to tell folks about our facility. I am sure your comments will give many the information they need to make the best choice for lodging in Key West. We so enjoyed serving you and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed at the Navy Lodge at Sigsbee and we thought is was very good. I would have liked better info upon check in or even reservations that they would lend guests beach chairs, provide towels and beach buckets. So often getting any info was like pulling teeth. At Sigbee there is a NEX and Commissary as well as ITT/MWR within walking. Other lodging options include a Navy Hotel "Fly Navy" at Trumbo as well as trailers and townhomes. You can no question walk to downtown/old seaport from here. At this location there is a mini-mart and pool. Another option is Navy Gateway (?) At Truman Annex also walkable to town. If all you want to do is go to the beach this is a good choice. The Truman Annex Beach is very rocky - you must have shoes to cover your feet. You could also go to Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park which is the next beach. There is a fee for this. TIP! If you are a Disabled Vet you can get into any Florida State Park free! The next time we visit KW we will try to get a townhome.

Room Tip: This base is deadsville. No traffic. Just hope you are not next to a bunch of barking dogs as we were for a few days.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Mary M
GM-NLKW, General Manager at Navy Lodge Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

I appreciate your review. I am concerned that you feel You had to "pull teeth" as you put it to get information from the staff. Our award winning team take great pride in providing excellent customer service. Our check-in procedures include nearly 5 minutes with each guest providing directions, maps, and recommendations of things to do and places to eat. Each room has an information book that does include what items we have at the front desk, such as beach towels and chairs. If you would write me offline at navylodge.keywest@nexweb.org and give me more information as to where we fell short I would greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I can not say enough good things about the Navy Lodge on Sigsbee! It really is a hidden gem!

Before my trip I searched for hours to try to figure out a place to stay. I was going to stay at the Travel Lodge because I wanted a full kitchen but for my 6 night, 5 day trip it would have cost me close to $1300.00. So I called the Navy Lodge. For the same trip I paid $80 a night equaling $480.00.

My room was 215, and it came complete with a full kitchen (Everything down to pots and measuring cups, with a full sized fridge), a really comfy bed, and a sparkling clean bathroom. Base was super quiet and relaxing and it was in a good location to either drive down to Duval or head to other keys.

I rented a car and flew into Miami because I was told the drive was beautiful and it is. I recommend everyone makes the drive at least once. We went on the Freedom II to the Dry Tortugas National Park and did the Ultimate Adventure with Fury which I highly recommend. There is a restaurant right off base called The Stoned Crab which is good. You are also right next to grocery stores and even a post office. On base you have the Sunset Lounge right behind you and the NEX and Commissary right across from you. Gas as always was cheaper on base. P.S. do not speed on base!

Room service was fabulous and kept our room clean daily. The people at the check in desk are a wealth of information. There is a soda and snack machine in the Lodge as well as a laundromat. You get a free bagged breakfast which includes bottled water, yogurt and a granola bar. There is free coffee all day too.

There is a deck outside for a smoke shack and a hammock with two charcoal grills. Parking is a breeze.

The only down side I can think of is that there is no elevator, so my very heavy bag had to be lugged by me. But all in all I really can not complain about anything.

I will most certainly save money again and stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
18  Thank dvldlphn32

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have an award winning staff that pride themselves in customer service. Your positive comments are appreciated. Hopefully we will see you again should you come back to beautiful Key West.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Although the accommodations are a little ways away from the "main attraction" areas this place is really a gem. Located feet from the ocean water in a nice quiet area it is a great place to relax and unwind after a day visiting Key West. The building and rooms have some age to them but they are well kept and the staff is very nice and helpful. Rooms were some of the quietest I have been in for years. The base marina is a block away from the lodge where you can rent motor driven water craft and kayaks. The Ticket and Tours office is also just a block away where you can purchase discount attraction tickets. Last but not least the PX and commissary are also about a block away so you can stock up the fridge and cook in the kitchenette in the Lodge. One of the main reasons we stayed here was the price and the fact that they allowed us to bring our pet which is very rare for a military base. They even provide a small brown bag breakfast in the lobby in the mornings. Yes, it's not a name brand hotel but I am not sure I would want to stay anywhere else. If you don't mind a short trip to the main attraction areas this is a real gem that should be on your list.

Room Tip: If you do decide to bring your pet make sure you call 2 months in advance as they only have 4 rooms that they allow pets in.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family