From reading reviews, we were aware of the construction. It was mainly on the west side of the complex during the hours of 8am to approximately 4:30pm. It didn't really bother us. During the day we were out and about either in Old Town or on the beach. We returned to the pool area in the afternoon, and it was somewhat loud at times, but we were having too much fun to notice. The pool is very nice, clean, and sizeable. We enjoyed the extra large hot tub, too. The restrooms by the pool featured a shower and sauna. Our unit 417 was modern, clean, with a roomy balcony patio with a view of the ocean and the pool/gardens. The kitchen was recently remodeled and had all the amenities. The floor plan was spacious with an open concept.
The only hiccup in our stay was when workmen showed up one morning at our unit to finish trim work on our balcony sliding doors. We should had been notified when we checked in that they would be entering our unit. However, they were friendly and efficient, but we should have been notified since we were getting ourselves ready to go to the beach. Smathers Beach is very close; a 5-minute walk, and a very nice beach with access to kayaks, sailboats, etc. We also walked to Old Town (about 2.5 miles). The Overseas Heritage Trail runs right by 1800. It's very easy to rent bikes & scooters. We used WECycle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Mid-rise Condominium Resort with tasteful furnishings, popular amenities; situated adjacent to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your 1800 Atlantic Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1800 Atlantic Hotel Key West
- 1800 Atlantic Suites Key West, Florida