“great house and helpful management”

Review of Truman House

Outdoor Dining
BBQ Area
Backyard
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 20 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“great house and helpful management”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

House is very nice in better than expected. we were a short walk from Duval Street and had a grocery store one block away.

during our stay management came over to fix the hot tub. I would recommend it to anyone.

A TripAdvisor Member
“No better way to celebrate”
Reviewed 18 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

I, along with 6 of my very best friends stayed at Truman House to celebrate my 40th birthday. The house was perfect in every way. Great location, in a quiet safe neighborhood. The place was spotless with everything we needed right there and the pool was a great way to escape the late afternoon heat. I can't begin to say how friendly and accommodating the staff at Historic Hideaways was! Right down to making sure a few little gifts from friends back home were delivered as a surprise.

We all agreed that we will be back again!

A romantic getaway Older travelers

Paul W
Ewing, New Jersey
“Too expensive”
Reviewed 25 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012

The house was very nice, needed a bit of maintenance... painting, upstairs room A/C wasn't working,back deck needed attention, grill was pretty beat up. Located in a very quiet neighborhood, noise of any kind after 9pm drew attention from neighbors. At $900/night it was overpriced in my opinion.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: price
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
25 Apr 2012
Paul, I am sorry to hear about the A/C and Grill issue. I have approved the ordering of a new grill for future Guests, so thank you for pointing it out to us. Sorry we couldn’t have gotten to it when you were here; we should have been proactive with that, and I apologize. As for the A/C, hopefully you contacted us right away so we could send someone out immediately. Things do break down, it is unavoidable...think of one's own home...but we are keen to fix them right away in those cases, and have an excellent track record of doing so. As for price, it’s hard to comment as pricing is highly subjective, but for the benefit of future Guests it is necessary to point out that the rate of $785 (+ tax) a night you paid was for 9 people. This way, people can make well informed decisions about the pricing when making their vacation plans.
Bill S.
Management
A TripAdvisor Member
“Extremely comfortable house in a great neighborhood”
Reviewed 13 May 2011 for a stay in February 2011

The Truman house is an extremely comfortable house in a great neighborhood. We rented the house two years in a row for three months. We loved the huge heated pool and the privacy afforded by the landscaping. The location gives you the opportunity to enjoy some of the best restaurants in Key West, all within walking distance. While only a few blocks from Duval Street, you are far enough away to appreciate the Island's quaintness.

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;