“Great location and pool”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JAC2014K
York, Pennsylvania
“needs help”
Reviewed 21 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Stayed with friends and family place need work. A/C in bathroom terrible, none. Kitchen, family room in main house never stayed cool. it says 3 baths 1 is outside beside the pool
who whats to shower there. 3 familys shared 1 bath, Rooms are full, furniture is to large for the size. Spa in pool doesn't work and the management
doesn't care. Looks like the same issues from othet years.

6 Jun 2016
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We value your feedback very much! It concerns me that you felt that we do not care about the condition of the property as we take a great pride in what we do and always strive to rectify any issues as they come up. The property was refreshed in December 2015, new kitchen was put in, furniture replaced, linens replaced and a few rooms painted.
We apologize you had issues with the waterfall in the pool and the AC in the house. We will pass your comments on to the maintenance staff and make sure the issues you pointed out are corrected right away. However we do like to remind our guests to keep doors closed as it gets really hot during the day and it is hard for the ACs to keep up.
We again apologize for any inconvenience and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

kaitflowe...
Athens, Ohio
“Better choices available”
Reviewed 17 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

When we arrived the main house smelled very musty. I immediately cranked the AC units down to 73 to get some of the air dried out. The King bedroom never lost the musty smell unfortunately. This rental is really 2 houses-one in the front and a smaller house without a stove in the back. I'll cover the front house first. Between the houses there are 10 AC units to adjust. This does not have central air. The one in the kitchen broke on the last day of our stay.

In the front house it's actually a blessing to have all the AC units because you need the sounds to drown out the garbage trucks and deliveries at Faustos. They come every day before 7 AM and they are LOUD. They woke me up with AC blasting and earplugs.

Only the King bedroom downstairs is really private with a completely shut off room. The front room with the 2 twins doesn't have a wall going all the way to the ceiling, and the upstairs unit is really more like a loft. Don't be thinking you're going to be getting busy.

The dining table is huge and will accommodate all the people staying with you and more! The kitchen was well appointed and served all our needs. We cooked mostly breakfast but had a big BBQ one day and it was fine. Having the grocery across the street is a plus in that case.

The pool is a great size and well designed. However there are lots of trees above as others have mentioned and the pool needs to be cleaned multiple times a day. A pool guy came by once while we were there, otherwise it's up to you.

The bathrooms were confusing to me on paper (in the description). Inside the main house there is 1 bathroom with a tub/shower, toilet and a door to an outdoor shower. No one used the inside tub in my group-just the outside shower you get to from inside that bathroom. In addition there is a set of baths you access from the pool area. There are 2 rooms, 1 with a toilet and sink and 1 with a shower. You don't get to this from inside at all. In the back house there is a bathroom off the shower upstairs.

There was hardly any closet space. Consequently my wedding dress was wrinkled by the time we got to the big day. They say pack light for Key West and you really need to for this locale.

The kitchen had everything we needed during our stay and the dishwasher worked well. The blender worked really well which was key.

The living room area was small but adequate as long as it wasn't raining. t was very warm there though, it seemed like the AC wouldn't make it back there.

The back house was definitely more quiet and way better to stay in. It only had a bath off the bedroom so it wasn't well set up for guests, but it was ok. The closet was really large. There is no stove in the cottage but there is a fridge (ice maker was broken) and microwave and coffee pot. The carpet and furniture was old and musty.

It is located 1 block from Duval. Around the corner is "Live Dolls" and more than once walking home (not late) there were altercations between the clientele and girls working there. Ugly stuff. I would have rather been a block or 2 farther away from the action. a couple times I came out of the house to find strangers sitting on the porch. Ummmm... ok?

All in all I would choose a newer house, a bit farther away from the dirty action. Definitely would not stay by the loud grocery again.

Travelling group: Extended Family
6 Jun 2016
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed comments. We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. This property was updated in December 2015 - the kitchen was completely renovated, some of the furniture was replaced as well as all carpets, a few of the rooms painted and all linens and bedding were replaced. After the renovations we have had many happy customers. One of them is Ms. S. who shared her experience in an email to the reservation agent who made her booking:
"Dear Andrea,
Wanted to say that the accommodations at the Pavilion Villa were exceptional. The home was clean, linens were fresh, the pool area was well-maintained and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as a family.
We all made sure that we kept it as impeccable as we all keep our own homes and wanted to say thank you to the owners for such a lovely place. We hope to come back and enjoy it again as we have stayed in other homes on Green Street and must say that this home was again exceptional. "

We are really sorry this property was not a good fit for your group, but we hope in the future you will give us another opportunity to find a place you will enjoy better. We do have a very unique selection of properties and would be happy to assist you next time you plan your vacation in Paradise!

Denise L
Tecumseh, Michigan, United States
“Nice Looking, accessable to many things, but think twice...or inquire”
Reviewed 24 February 2015 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

A little TLC would go a long way! The place is exactly as it was several years ago when we stayed there. That is ok! However, upon first entering the place, a noticeable musty odor was present. We just dismissed this. When looking for a blender to make margaritas, we found two under the kitchen counter. They were holding up the shelf. The smell was horrible. There was dark spots almost looked like mouse droppings, which in turn was mold! The moisture was coming from the kitchen air conditioner which leaked water on a daily basis. We needed a beach towel to soak up the water, regularly. The house is spacious, it will sleep the amount of people stated. It is close to Duvall street. Just across the street from the grocery store. The pool boy was friendly, had several dinner spots to recommend. We noticed the pool was very cloudy after it was cleaned. The beautiful pool fountain was broken at the time. There was a day it rained, the ceiling had several leaks and bowls had to be set out to collect the water. For the amount of money spent, we expected better. In fact we had better several years ago. I certainly would inquire as to any updates being made before deciding on this place.

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 Mar 2015
We apologize for any inconvenience during this guest stay, The house was refreshed in December 2014 and all of the above mentioned issues were addressed. The roof was replaced too.
We appreciate our guests comments as this helps us improve our services and homes.

Kate D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice with a few issues that need to be addressed”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

8 of us went to Key West to celebrate my sisters 60th birthday. The house is smaller than the pictures lead you to believe. It was relatively clean. The biggest issue I had was that the matresses need to be replaced; they were not comfortable at all. The sheets were a low thread count and very uncomfortable, as well. I should have known better and brought my own but did not. I ended up sleeping on the sofa for the week. The location was great - right in the middle of everything but set back a block or 2 so not noisy at all. The main reason, I would recommend this place is that the layout of the back cottage and main house, it is great for a family gathering. The pool is lovely, however, the water feature is currently not working and that was disappointing. The outdoor showers were terrific, I highly recommend. Plenty of kitchen space and tools for the kitchen. With the exception of the beds, it was a very good place to rent. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The pool and location of the guest cottage and main house
Liked least: The beds and bedding (sheets, specifically). Sheets should never be under 300 count cotton
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
11 Nov 2013
We are sorry for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay. We would like to know which bedroom the uncomfortable mattress is in so we can look into this. We are happy you enjoyed your overall stay at the property. We appreciate your comments very much.
Rick92065
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location and pool”
Reviewed 25 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

I rented the home with 5 friends and later two others joined us. So 8 was our max party size.

The two cottages sleep 8 comfortably, the pull out couch in the back house is thin and fits one person (I would have gone to kmart and got an air mattress if we were using it for more than one night). The rest of the rooms are comfortable and clean.

We ate most breakfasts and dinners by the pool out back, so the kitchen can cook for large meals. The knives need to be sharpened and there is one good blender, other than that no complaints.

Washer and dryer were nice to have. The bathrooms are unique and everyone liked the outside showers.

The shower in the back house is very low, I am 6'3".

Location is awesome, you are in the heart of everything. Walk to Duval and in 10 minutes you are most any where you want to be. Great spot.

Pool is awesome and private, we enjoyed it every day. There is wi-fi and cable too!

It is not 5 stars but if you want to step your game up from a hotel and have your own private place, this could be it.

Liked best: swimming pool
Liked least: The kitchen knives
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Cincytrav...
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great location! Fun time!”
Reviewed 4 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

We stayed at the Pavilion Villa the week before Christmas this year and had a great time. Check in was very easy considering we came in on a Saturday evening.

There were nine people in our party (4 adults, 5 teenagers.) While the property is described that it sleeps 10... it really only comfortably sleeps 8. The sofabed in the back house was uncomfortable and slept only one person at best. The bed spreads were of "worn" condition but they were clean and fine. The air conditioners were a bit noisy but it was helpful in drowning out the garbage trucks and the roosters crowing!!

Kitchen was adequately equipped. We were delighted to find a blender! The washer and dryer were handy.

When we got there, we noticed that the pool did not seem heated. We called the maintenance guy (George), who responded promptly. He checked the pool and stated the pool people would have to look at it. Anyway, the pool heater had to be replaced. It wasn't until Tuesday (3 days) when we finally had a heated pool. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool (the best part of the house) for the rest of the visit. I was pleased to find that the management company credited me the pool fee for the days we didn't have heat (didn't even ask for it!)

The bathrooms here were a bit quirky but it worked! The main house has a full bathroom with an outdoor shower. I didn't think I was going to like it, but I actually really enjoyed it. My only complaint about the bathroom is that there was no "door" to it. They had a shower curtain instead of a bathroom door... so unless you figure out a "signal" (we placed a barstool in front of the curtain), people can walk in on you. There was a separate toilet and shower outside by the pool that was very handy. The back house had a full bathroom but the shower spout was a little low.

Location was absolutely terrific! One block to Duval street...5-10 minute walk to Mallory Square... It was great having Faustos (small grocery store) across the street.

I read a poor review before we left, so I was a little worried about staying here. However, I believe the pictures were quite accurate. This isn't luxury accomodations and I think it's quite clear from the pictures. This is a comfortable clean place that is convenient... with a GREAT pool!! We had a great time and would rent this place again.

Liked best: Location, pool
Liked least: Noisy air conditioners
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Alan H
Key West, Florida
“Disappointing, Rundown, Overpriced!”
Reviewed 2 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

Every year I rent a house in Key West for the entire week of Fantasy Fest. I invite three or four couples to join me and my girlfriend for the week. For the past four years, I had rented a townhome on the corner of Simonton and US1. Foolishly, I tried to upgrade our location and accomodations. I found the Pavilion Villa online and based on the description of "luxurious" accomodations, the misleading pictures, and the price of nearly $1,000 per day, I thought I had found a winner. Boy, was I wrong!!

This property is located very close to the action on Duval Street, but the neighborhood is sketchy. It is a very old house and has NOT been completely renovated and upgraded.

The main house is the better-appointed of the two buildings, but certainly not luxurious by any stretch of the imagination. The appointments in the main house, such as bedding, towels, TVs, furniture, appliances are cheap and not what one would expect for the money. The omnipresent rumbling of wall-mounted air conditioning units rounds out the ambience.

The separate cottage is downright disgusting. A half-hearted renovation has taken place on the ground floor, with mis-matched furnishings and a reasonble kitchenette. The "master suite" upstairs ranks among the most uncomfortable accomodations I have ever encountered. The king bed was old and uncomfortable, with old dirty-looking linens. There was a 17" tube TV with a broken remote control. The windows had tattered window coverings, and the tile throughout the bedroom was old and dingy looking. The bathroom is old, dirty, small, and the shower is bizarre. The shower head is at an elevation of about 5 feet, requiring one to bend down to even rinse one's head or face.

The worst part of the cottage however, is the climate control (or lack thereof). There are three separate wall AC units in the cottage. They are unbelievably loud and inefficient. At a comfortable temperature, the humidity level inside the cottage was so high, that the door jambs were actually accumulating water drops. The only way to control the humidity (at least to keep water off of the walls and floors), was to run all the AC units below 70 degrees. This created a loud, cold, humid climate inside, that led to sleepless nights and a very uncomfortable vacation. The climate issues in the cottage give it and the bedding and towels an overwhelming musty smell.

To be fair, the renovation of the pool and the pool area made for a nice outdoor area. In an effort to avoid the uncomfortable indoor areas, one could seek refuge poolside. Also, the WiFi worked well.

In summary, this ranks as my most disappointing vacation ever. I was uncomfortable and embarassed that I had selected this property for my friends. Most of all, I felt ripped off! I certainly expected to be at least comfortable and in a clean environment for $1,000 per day. Avoid this property at all costs!!

Liked best: The Pool
Liked least: Everything but the Pool
Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;