“Great time!”

Namaste' Eco Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: Namaste Sailing/Keys Eco-tours specializes in coral discovery tours to the less frequented ecological reserves in the Florida Lower Keys. Each trip includes a professional ecology presentation complete with professional underwater images of all the different corals, invertebrates, and reef fish we encounter. Snorkel equipment is provided along with expert instruction. We only accommodate 8 guests per excursion so our guests are guaranteed a crowd free and intimate coral reef experience.
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We really enjoyed the afternoon with Jeff and Trish, and their 2 other furry captains. The ocean was a bit rough, but we were glad to be able to make it the coral reef where we snorkeled and saw lots of very cool fish and plant life. Back on the boat, our daughter got a tad sea sick, but was nursed back to health with fresh ginger ((to smell) and the provision of a barf bucket (sometimes a girl's just gotta do what she's gotta do)!! The ocean was an amazing blue the day we were out, and the sun shone brightly! It was a great excursion for all, and we were so glad that we hadn't opted for a less private experience. Thanks again Captains Jeff and Trish- we will pass on your name to other snorkellers traveling to the Keys.

Jeff B, Owner at Namaste' Eco Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you folks for your kind review. We were delighted that you all agreed to accompany us on what turned into a stellar day on the offshore reef. As I recall, we had two days of weather delays before the waves subsided enough to guarantee a safe and pleasant experience. We wish your schedule would have permitted one more day for the ocean swell to lay down but we certaintly understand flight reservations, especially with all the bad weather up north.

A special thanks to your daughter who kept a great attitude even though she was feeling some of the left over swell. We are glad our "old sailor's" remedy of ginger worked for her. Hope to see you soon, and thank you so much for sharing a piece of your vacation with us!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Trying to avoid crowds during our FL Keys vacation, I searched the internet and found Namaste Sailing. Jeff and Trish are wonderful, nice people who made us feel like family. Their sail boat is small and well taken care of. They only take up to 6 people on a sunset cruise - so, no crowds, ever. Go to the front of the sailboat and enjoy the feel of the wind on your face and the smell of the water. Added to the experience are 2 co-captains: a cute Yorkshire Terrier service dog and an equally cute short-haired Persian Cat. I wish we didn't have to leave. Enjoyed Jeff and Trish's hospitality and thebeatiful Florida sunset so much!

Jeff B, Owner at Namaste' Eco Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you, folks, for your kind review! Over the years we have been blessed with many wonderful experiences with our guests, and our time with you only adds to those blessings. Thank you for mentioning our furry crew in your review. It's very important for our TripAdvisor clients to know that we are a small, owner operated excursion. We actually live on our boat, and when it sails it does so not only as your host, but also as our home.

The word "Namaste" is actually attributed to a Far East custom of treating guest with the very best you have to offer. In our case, the very "best" is our home, our lifestyle, our passion, and most of all our furry crew!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had a FANTASTIC Trip on the Namaste . Jeff and Trish gave us a great tour of some of the best waters in the Keys. One aspect that we truly loved is how they shared their knowledge of the various fish, coral, and other marine life. Trish even gave a personal touch by guiding my 11 year old son on a snorkeling adventure. We definitely plan to visit them when we are back in the area and I would advise anyone to do the same.

Jeff B, Owner at Namaste' Eco Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Wow! Let me first say that seeing the expression on your son's face as he surfaced from his free dive with Trish was absolutely priceless. In that picture I saw my own face, though a much younger version, when I first touched the bottom on Alligator Reef over 40 years ago (I don't believe I was nearly as brave). Thank so much for sharing part of your vacation with Namaste Sailing and allowing us relive part of our youth.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

What a great way to spend the afternoon! Jeff and Trish are amazing hosts. They certainly know their stuff and provide some of the best information about the waters surrounding Key West. I am sure that I can speak for our entire group when I say that their time and the service that the crew of the Namaste provided was worth every penny.

Thank you for the kind and thoughtful review. You folks were an absolute joy to be with! I am so happy that you mentioned that we were worth the cost because in all honesty we are. :)

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I had an amazing time sailing, snorkeling and spending the afternoon on the water with Trish and Jeff. They're both fun people to sail with and have amazing knowledge of the area. I've been snorkeling before, but this was much better! I never knew what I was looking at underwater, but thanks to the pictures and info that Trish and Jeff shared with us, we could identify the coral and some of the fish that we saw.

All in all, had an absolute blast! The watermelon, cheese and crackers were an added benefit. Highly recommend.

Thank you folks so much! Yes we are very proud of our "eco-discovery" presentation and it is so kind of you to mention it. It has been our philosophy in business as well as life that if your going to do something do it right. Our focus on coral reef ecology is our attempt to do it right. Our guest have worked hard for the privilege of enjoying the reef. It is only natural for a reef tour company like Namaste Sailing to honor your hard work by insuring a high quality, interesting, and just plain magical day exploring a coral reef. Thank you!