“Getting Ready For Our 2nd Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West NAS - Fly Navy
Ranked #42 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Orange Park, Florida
“Getting Ready For Our 2nd Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in a Trailer at Trumbo Point last year and it was so awesome that we are going again next month! Nothing fancy but had everything we needed and very convenient! Where else could we stay for a week and pay $525?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DeeFromFlorida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed in the trailers at Trumbo Point. They are a bit rundown, but very clean. They have two very small rooms with full size beds on opposite sides of the trailer. Each bedroom has a dresser and a closet. All linens are provided (bed and bath). The kitchen is fully stocked with dishes and has a full size fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, and stove/oven. The bathroom is tiny with no medicine cabinet, but the water was HOT and pressure was great. The a/c was icy and perfect. There is a small tv with basic cable (no dvd player), but since we did not go to Key West to sit in a room and watch tv, it was not a big deal. There is plenty of parking.

We saw NO bugs, but we did take ant traps and put them out as a precaution.

It is walking distance to the mini-mart and the Fly Navy Lodge. There is a continental breakfast at the Lodge for two people in your party to eat for free. Any other members pay only $5. If you are in a hurry and don't want to cook, it is a decent deal at only $5. Otherwise, the food was meh.

It is about a 15 minute walk to Duval Street if you cut through the Peary Court housing area. The gates don't close, so just walk on through.

The location was perfect for quick trips to everything we wanted to do.

We are runners, and the route out to the dive school and back is beautiful!

Room Tip: We really liked the fact that the trailers were quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank xanaduyas
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great accommodations!

I'm retired AF and this was our first time in Key West. We stayed at Fly Navy on Palm Ave. Our rate was $75.00 a night and we got the suite.
on M-Th, they have a continental breakfast for $5.00 similar to the regular commercial hotels. Across the parking lot is a mini mart.

PROS: The room has great accommodations, equipped with a fridge, micro, Kuerig coffee and tea and paper plates and bowls. Free laundry facilities. The hallways fresh smelling

CONS: You can easily hear doors slamming and neighbors talking in the hallway, front desk (lady) was not as helpful or knowledgeable regarding amenities in the surrounding area such as bike rentals and/or local eatery.

Regardless, if my travels allow me back to the Keys, I will definitely come back. Highly Recommended!!!!

Room Tip: Make rez well in advance
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dunkindo
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

It's obviously former, old Navy housing with the tile floors, older styles, but so what? For a three-bedroom townhouse within walking distance of all the Key West action, it was perfect for my two young adult sons and myself. We cooked breakfast and half our meals each day, cutting down our food expenses, which was great. Plates, silverware, etc. for 8, but we brought paper plates and plastic cups to cutdown the dish time. Kimberly and the rest of the staff are very nice and helpful. We went to the nearby ITT office to get great discounted tickets for an all inclusive day on the water (jet skis, snorkeling, kayaking, parasailing, and more). Great deals. What can I say? We had a fantastic time! By the way, we did not encounter any ants (but we bought those disposable plastic bowls to store things in and kept the place clean) and only 1 roach that came in from under the back door. I highly recommend these vacation rentals!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dee J
Cocoa Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We booked 4nts(4-12-14--4-16-14). We arrived late afternoon moved in all our luggage and food supplies. Went downtown to do some sightseeing and came back after dinner and went to bed. The next morning we are making coffee and realize that we have tiny bugs reunning all over the kitchen counters and into our food supplies. I waited till the office opened up and reported same to person in charge. She told me that the bugs were probably infant termites and that they were harmless and that the building we are in was going to be "tented" and exterminated the following week. WOW was that re-assuring so I went back and told my wife the news and by that time my 3yr. old grandaughter was up and running around the house yelling " buggies grandpa". Several hours later we left and found another place to stay at 3 times the cost per night.And they have had the nerve to bill my credit card for the entire stay, you know thats not happening. The price is right but bring your own ORKIN man with you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Richard F
Kingsland, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Recently stayed here with family for spring break 2014. This is for the 3br town houses on trumbo point. First I will say if you are expecting anything like a resort or hotel then this is not it. If you have ever lived in base housing then this is what you are getting. The place was clean but the key west weather is taking a toll on them. Kitchen had pretty much everything, full size fridge and stove. Microwave, toaster, coffee pot (1free coffee pouch included). We did have some ants in the dining room area, I'm sure this is common in key west. The living room had an older tube style tv about 32in with cable. No DVD player, 1 couch and love seat. 3 bedrooms were decent size with full size beds. The only full bath is upstairs and small but functional. 1/2 bath downstairs. Outdoor back patio was screened in with table/chairs. We used the public park style grill near our unit 2 nights. Worked out well for chicken and ribs. A free breakfast at the fly navy is included but only on certain days of the week. My son and I ate there once and it was interesting, think airplane food. They had eggs which I be leave we're microwaved, sausage, waffles, biscuits, fruit, yogurt, donuts. Coffee and orang juice. Believe me it sounds better than it was, it was free though. Bike rentals are available at the office, $6 a day! You can't beat that, beach cruiser style with helmet and lock. Duval st is about 5 to 10 min bike ride. There is a minimart on trumbo, it is tiny and isn't open very late. Also a pool which is only open fri thru sun from like 12 to 5, we never went in. Watch the sunset and eat dinner at sunset boardwalk bar and grill. Check out breakfast at banana cafe on duval, good value, good food, good crepes, can have long lines. Overall trumbo town houses are nice and good value. My kids (14 and 11) we're complaining at first because they are used to resort style vacations but they loved their stay by the end. Location is great, price is great. Oh yes I can't forget, bring earplugs. The damn roosters in key west are terrible. We had one about 50 ft from our bedroom window that started making a ruckus at about 0430. I'm talking every 30 seconds or so this thing was cocka doodling. I went outside one day to ring it's neck but it was in a tree. I gave my sleep quality on reviews a poor because of this. These things are all over key west though.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Eric A
Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

My Uncle is a retired master chief and we stay here every year and we have an amazing time! This place is the best of the best! Excellent condos and facility all together. Very kind people here! We are never let down. :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family