“Awesome.”

Clearly Unique Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: We have the only glass bottom Kayaks in Key West. Take a quick boat ride out to the National Wildlife Refuge for a guided tour around and through one of the many untouched mangrove islands. We often see such things as: a variety of birds, sharks, rays, turtles, lobster, crabs etc. Kayaking is followed by snorkeling in either a natural sponge garden, small boat wreck or coral reefs not visited by the larger companies. All ages are welcome. We love what we do and enjoy sharing it with others! *Private charters available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 June 2014

When a company makes you think you are the most important thing in the world for that moment, the have done their job. Just got off the tour - Jeff and Chris were amazing!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Matt, Angie & Amy were awesome!!! We had a great excursion (after waiting out weather), definitely worrh the wait!!! Thanks, Folks for the great time

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Amie, our guide was so awesome. She was patient and bent over backwards so that everyone could see every animal we came across. We even got to see two nurse sharks while kayaking! The Kayaks were in great shape. Only ten guests go out on the boat at a time so its extremely personal. Definitely recommend them!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

First of all,after several email requests, I never received a confirmation email of my reservation.
When we arrived at the boat, we were asked to ride out to the snorkel site in a smaller boat that had no cover from the sun.There were six people on the boat and it was very crowded. The captain of our boat was the owner of Clearly Unique Tours. On the way out of the marina he managed to hit a buoy that he didn't see coming up on the side of the boat. Upon arriving at the site we had to jump off the side of the boat since we could not access a step on this boat. The snorkel site was a disappointment. We were told it was the site of an old wreck but there were very little artifacts in the water and fewer fish. There was just grass and sand. There were several other boats there so the site was not so " pristine". After snorkeling, we were told to join the group on the catamaran. The catamaran was much more comfortable and that was where they kept the drinks and snacks. There was plenty of seating and cover for shade. Our personal items were left on the small boat but he assured us he would follow us to the next site and bring them to us. That did not happen and the operators of the cat had to call him to bring our things to us so we lost time we could have been kayaking waiting for him. We then moved to another spot where we were offered either kayaking or snorkeling. We decided to try the kayaks at this point. We were nowhere near mangroves. We were out in the water near a reef. I thought we would be near enough to kayak in mangroves. There was a small island we were told we could kayak to but there was not enough time. Even though the kayaks were see through we could not see much. I did not enjoy the tour and I would not recommend it.

10  Thank Mary Ann V
captmatth, Owner at Clearly Unique Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

This is my giant pet peeve with TA and other sites: I the owner of the company was on this trip yet I have to find out over a week later that one of my guests was "disappointed". So, let me say it again...If you have a problem on one of my trips, please let me know immediately and I will do my best to rectify the situation. Refund, partial refund, apology, free puppy, whatever it takes to make you happy.

That being said, unless you were left behind, someone drown or you got punched in the face, a gorgeous day on the water with a small group snorkeling and kayaking on an extensive limestone reef should never be less than 3 stars! Come on!

First I'm going to tell you about this particular trip, the boat and deal with the false and inaccurate statements made in this review & then the mildly truthful statements.

On this particular Gorgeous June day, I had a pretty full boat going out with snorkelers & kayak/snorkelers so the make things more comfortable and less crowded, I brought over a 2nd boat. It's a 24ft fully shaded, catamaran, with a swim platform & ladder, cooler w/sodas & water, fresh water shower, radio, seating for 8-10. I took 2 snorkelers & 2 women. 2+2=4. Since the weather conditions were Perfect, I took everyone an extra 6 miles out to Cottrell Key. The wreck is remnants of an old wooden ship. When she said she didn't see any fish, I jumped in for 10mins & saw no less than 18 different varieties of the hundreds of fish. If you're not seeing what you're supposed to, pop your head up and ask for directions. Oh yeah, I bumped a buoy no biggie.

Now for the accurate to somewhat accurate: Yes her bag was on the small boat. Chris called, I brought it over. Not sure why the guide didn't lead the kayakers as normal. I noticed that but, we were over a reef & the kayaks are BRAND new. This particular set of mooring balls has a large congregation of large stingrays and lots of tropicals, but I'll subtract a star for that. Then they left a little early but since no one complained to me, I assumed everyone was happy and ready to go in. If I had gotten this complaint that day I would've understood the issue, I was there. I'll say this one more time. If you have an issue with one of my trips, please let me know ASAP and I will do my best to make you happy!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was down in Key West recently and decided to book a clear kayak trip for the 6 of us. Jeff & Chris were awesome! Great at rescheduling us from morning to afternoon due to weather and also letting us know what to look for once we got out in the water. Excellent snacks and drinks! Would recommend this type of excursion to anyone!