“Excellent”
Review of Silver Palms Inn

Silver Palms Inn
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The place was modern , clean and staff was friendly. The walk to duval was not that long either. Would stay there again.
It was my birthday weekend and they gave me a birthday card and a nice bottle of wine which made it special.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gloria V
Jennifer S, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Gloria V:

We are glad you had an excellent time for your birthday! What better way to spend it than in Key West, right? Thank you for the sparkling review. It was our pleasure to make your stay a bit more special by placing some wine in your room for you. Maybe a return visit next year for your birthday should be arranged? We will look forward to welcoming you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,774)

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I thought this hotel was average. Certainly not the worst I've ever seen, but not the best.

Things I liked about this property is that it's close to Duval St. (still plenty of great restaurants there even if you're not a bar person) but it's far enough away that the noise from the crowds & bars won't keep you up at night. The location on Truman St. is very convenient not just for getting to Duval St. but also for off-island excursions. The room was clean and well-kept. Balcony was small but it was private. All of the staff was courteous and friendly. They gave me a bottled water when I checked in which was a nice touch. Breakfast was OK, but there are plenty of better places to get a good breakfast in Key West.

What I didn't like is that I think the soundproofing could have been better. If you're a light sleeper like I am, bring earplugs. While you won't be able to make out the words your neighbors are saying, you'll definitely know when they're having a conversation. Foam earplugs were enough to take this out for me. I also thought the room could have been laid out a little better in that every time the air conditioner kicked in while I was lying on the bed at night watching TV, I got blasted with cold air to the point where I had to pull up the bed's comforter.

One other thing to watch out for: The parking lot is a bit tight. Be prepared if you have a big SUV or van. I have a mid-sized sedan, and it was a challenge - even with a rear-wheel drive car which is easier to park than a front-wheel drive. There was no tub in my room, just a stall shower, so if you need a tub for whatever reason, call first! The hotel really ought to put grab bars in the showers, by the way - even healthy people sometimes slip.

I might stay again, but I have to say I would probably try to find something elsewhere first. The positives and the negatives about this hotel are about equal in my opinion.

I stayed in room 310, a superior queen bedroom with the balcony facing the pool area.

Room Tip: The "Superior" rooms are probably the quietest. The rooms' entrance is from an exterio...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cbm64

Dear cbm64:

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. Your comments help us know what we're doing right and where we can improve. All of the comments we receive are taken into consideration because the Silver Palms Inn is continuously striving to provide the best experience for our guests. Even though you felt that your stay was average, and that you will be looking elsewhere the next time you visit Key West, we hope that you might consider giving us another try. We hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This little hotel wasn't ranked too high on TA but the reviews where good. We where pleasantly surprised at the room and pool area. The location was perfect, very central. Breakfast wasn't great, continental or boiled eggs. The gym consists if two pieces of cardio equipment. Our you need a quiet night then be warned the road can cause a little background disturbance. Overall we would use it again and we had a 7 month old with us.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear A TripAdvisor Member:

Thank you for choosing the Silver Palms Inn for your trip to Key West with your family. We are delighted to hear that we provided you with value for your stay on our tropical little island. We hope that you plan to stay with us again the next time you head this way. We offer great rates to our returning guests. See you soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I stayed in this great hotel for 3 days this past week and we loved it. The rooms are clean, and bright, and the location is perfect. We walked the short distance to Duval St. every day, and it was close to all the action, but far enough away from the madness. The room rates are very reasonable for a hotel as clean and as close to all the attractions Key West has to offer. Do not hesitate to stay at the Silver Palms Inn. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baycruiser20
Jennifer S, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear baycruiser20:

We are delighted that you chose our hotel for you and your wife's three day getaway. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are ecstatic that you received a great value for your visit! We truly appreciate your future recommendations and we hope that you come back to stay with us again soon. We offer great discounts to our returning guests!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Silver Palms has the best location for touring key west. Very close to all of the activities on Duval. Serge was great at the hotel! Pool was small. Rooms were clean and good size. Breakfast was served everyday

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stephanie P:

Thank you for the nice review! We are delighted that you were able to easily explore Key West from our hotel. Serge is a great asset to our company and our guests all love him. We will be sure to let him know of your praise . It will put a big smile on his face. We're glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you come back to visit us again one day.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My Daughter and I stayed for 2 nights during College Spring Break March 12-13. The Silver Palms Inn is everything you want in a Hotel in Key West! Close to Duval Street, (we walked) great pool, wonderful free breakfast, free parking (some covered!) and great rooms that are very clean! The room rates are very reasonable, (the reason why I chose this place) in fact, the entire property is only a few years old having been completed gutted and rebuilt from an older hotel. It's also a certified GREEN property. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2014
Jennifer S, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear mew0359:

Thank you for choosing us for your 2014 Spring Break Destination! It sounds like you and your daughter had a great time. We are happy that so many aspects of our hotel were to your liking. We hope you will make us your Spring Break Destination next year!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We were two couples in a suite for a night. The room was pleasant and roomy. It had a large fridge and a microwave in the bedroom and a queen size sleeper sofa in the living room which was surprisingly comfortable for a pull out couch although a little short for a tall man (about 6" shorter than a regular queen.) We walked from the Key West Express and they immediately handed each of us a cold bottle of water! Very thoughtful. The robes, slippers and hairdryer provided are very helpful when you are trying to pack light for the boat. Room was clean and breakfast adequate. A bit of a walk to Mallory square but not bad. I particularly liked the sliding door for two coup;es to provide some privacy. This is an unusual benefit not provided in most suites.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear GayleandMark:

We are so happy that one of our Junior Suites exceeded your expectations for your stay with us in Key West! The sliding door feature in the room is perfect for when couples are traveling together. The extra privacy always makes our guests more comfortable. The next time you take the Key West Express down, don't hesitate to give us a call! We give great discounts to our returning guests. We'll be more than happy to make your reservations for you!