“wonderful”
Review of Silver Palms Inn

Silver Palms Inn
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 7 April 2014

my wife and i took mini vacation to key west. this is the third time that we have gone down there.
weather was wonderful and we were happy to revisit the silver palm Inn . The staff was wonderful as usual, service was excellent, rooms spacious and clean. they have added fruits to the breakfast and removed some of the sugary sweets. parking is ample, the location is excellent.
we will definitely come back to silver Pam Inn on our next visit to Key West.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer S, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear skbozai:

We're so happy you enjoyed your mini-vacation to Key West! We appreciate you coming back to stay with us again. We are delighted that you enjoyed the change in the breakfast. We had feedback from guests suggesting more fruit so we wanted to honor that request. Make sure you come back to visit us again...SOON!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have been to Key West 5 times and the group we were traveling with always stays at this hotel. We enjoyed the location and thought the rooms where a good size, with good size bathrooms and comfortable beds. This hotel has a green concept. Basically, you use your room key in the key slot next to the door to turn on the air conditioning and lights. Kudos to them for energy saving. I've noticed from reviews that people were disappointed by the pool size. If you're looking for a lap pool this isn't the place. But I find that the size of the pool is comparable to most outside pools in places I've ever stayed. It is close proximity to Duval Street. Two blocks away is a CVS, moped rentals and restaurants. Would definitely recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kellygirl63

Dear kellygirl163:

Thank you for the kudos about us doing our part for the environment by helping save energy. We'd also like to say kudos to you for writing such a pleasant review! We truly appreciate your group's loyalty to us by staying at the Silver Palms Inn whenever you visit Key West. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have been to Key West many times and this was our first stay at the Silver Palms. The hotel is fresh and nicely decorated and the staff were friendly. The rooms are set up comfortably and the beds were super too. You are only two blocks from Duval St. and close to everything. Our room overlooked the pool which was clean and well maintained, with plenty of chairs for sunbathing. Some other reviews thought the pool was too small, but there were never more than five to six swimmers at one time and this was spring break. The room was clean except for one issue, see below. We would probably stay here again but it might not be our first choice. The reasons being:
Housekeeping issues. The beds have scarfs on the end to keep the spreads from getting dirty when putting your feet up on the bed. The first night when removing the scarf a significant amount of dirt was left on the bed. Since I didn't have my feet on the bed it had to be there when we checked in. Also, on the back of the scarf there appeared spots of what looked like blood. I had to report this to the front desk twice the next day before they removed the soiled scarf and brought a clean one.
Upon check in you are provided with the usual shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and two small soaps. We stayed for five days and never got new soap, which was pretty much gummy and stuck to the sink by day three. Makes you wonder how the maid was able to clean the sink.
Also, provided were two beach towels for pool use. After using them and hanging them in the shower to dry, the maid took them and never replaced them with clean ones. This meant going to the desk everyday to get one.
Finally, there was little noise from the street but the adjoining rooms were another matter. The walls are pretty thin and you can hear other guests conversations, This is not a problem most of the time as you can turn on the TV, however at 3:30a.m. when they come back from the bars where they drank too much and decide they need to fight and yell at each other it becomes an unpleasant experience. I do not blame this on the hotel but talked to another couple at the pool that had a similar experience and got no sleep the night before.
The Silver Palms was a nice hotel to stay at, however if it works on its housekeeping issues it could be close to an excellent hotel to stay at. And even with the issues I mentioned I would still recommend the Silver Palms.

Room Tip: Pick a superior room on the third floor for best view .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer S, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear JannW3:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. We sincerely apologize for any issues that you may have encountered with housekeeping during your stay. Please know that we have shared your comments with the housekeeping staff to prevent a similar future occurrence. With that being said, we appreciate your future recommendations. We also hope that the next time you are in Key West that you might give us another try.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We spent 2 nights in an upgraded pool side room. Hotel is newer construction and everything was clean and well kept. Pool area is nice, a little smaller but the hotel is not very large so it works fine. Compared to the other hotels available in this price range I am confident we made the right choice!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ben K:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Silver Palms Inn for your two night stay in Key West. We are happy to hear you had such a comfortable stay in one of our Superior King Pool View rooms! It makes us feel great to know that you were confident in your decision to stay with us. We hope that you come back to see us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Silver Palms and were more than happy with our experience. The room was spacious, very clean (and we are picky about this!) and close to everything. We would definitely stay at Silver Palms again. Hotel staff was professional, breakfast was perfect for us (yogurt and cereal, coffee and bagels) Covered parking was especially welcomed since it rained during part of our stay. We requested a 3rd floor room overlooking the pool and this room was reserved for us. Provided a quiet and restful stay. Overall an excellent experience at Silver Palms.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room facing the pool worked great if you want a quiet experience.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer S, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear David L:

Thank you for the glowing review! We are delighted that you were more than happy with your stay with us. It is our pleasure to accommodate our guests requests (such as yours for a third floor room) whenever it permits. We know that will ensure that the guests stay will be much more enjoyable. Make sure you return to see us...SOON!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The place was modern , clean and staff was friendly. The walk to duval was not that long either. Would stay there again.
It was my birthday weekend and they gave me a birthday card and a nice bottle of wine which made it special.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gloria V

Dear Gloria V:

We are glad you had an excellent time for your birthday! What better way to spend it than in Key West, right? Thank you for the sparkling review. It was our pleasure to make your stay a bit more special by placing some wine in your room for you. Maybe a return visit next year for your birthday should be arranged? We will look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I thought this hotel was average. Certainly not the worst I've ever seen, but not the best.

Things I liked about this property is that it's close to Duval St. (still plenty of great restaurants there even if you're not a bar person) but it's far enough away that the noise from the crowds & bars won't keep you up at night. The location on Truman St. is very convenient not just for getting to Duval St. but also for off-island excursions. The room was clean and well-kept. Balcony was small but it was private. All of the staff was courteous and friendly. They gave me a bottled water when I checked in which was a nice touch. Breakfast was OK, but there are plenty of better places to get a good breakfast in Key West.

What I didn't like is that I think the soundproofing could have been better. If you're a light sleeper like I am, bring earplugs. While you won't be able to make out the words your neighbors are saying, you'll definitely know when they're having a conversation. Foam earplugs were enough to take this out for me. I also thought the room could have been laid out a little better in that every time the air conditioner kicked in while I was lying on the bed at night watching TV, I got blasted with cold air to the point where I had to pull up the bed's comforter.

One other thing to watch out for: The parking lot is a bit tight. Be prepared if you have a big SUV or van. I have a mid-sized sedan, and it was a challenge - even with a rear-wheel drive car which is easier to park than a front-wheel drive. There was no tub in my room, just a stall shower, so if you need a tub for whatever reason, call first! The hotel really ought to put grab bars in the showers, by the way - even healthy people sometimes slip.

I might stay again, but I have to say I would probably try to find something elsewhere first. The positives and the negatives about this hotel are about equal in my opinion.

I stayed in room 310, a superior queen bedroom with the balcony facing the pool area.

Room Tip: The "Superior" rooms are probably the quietest. The rooms' entrance is from an exterio...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cbm64

Dear cbm64:

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. Your comments help us know what we're doing right and where we can improve. All of the comments we receive are taken into consideration because the Silver Palms Inn is continuously striving to provide the best experience for our guests. Even though you felt that your stay was average, and that you will be looking elsewhere the next time you visit Key West, we hope that you might consider giving us another try. We hope to see you again one day.