“Accommodation is Too Expensive, like other Key West Properties”
Review of Silver Palms Inn

Silver Palms Inn
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel is very modern and well located. Our room was large and comfortable - but in the wing alongside busy Truman Street, Highway 1, with traffic all night. (Our request for a quiet room was ignored). The reception staff that we encountered need more training in customer relations - I expect a welcoming smile when I am paying $240 for a night's accommodation. Breakfast was OK, but nothing special, although staff were quick to clear, clean and refill.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Truman Street!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your comments! I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! We always try to accommodate guest requests however, when we are a full house sometimes this is not possible. I am sorry you were not able to upgrade. I am however, happy you did enjoy the spacious, well appointed rooms! We are always open to positive suggestions on how we can make your stay even better! Jim Marquardt, GM

There are newer reviews for Silver Palms Inn

Reviewed 6 June 2014

It was our first time visiting Key West and we absolutely loved this hotel! Everyone was so friendly and helpful at the front desk! We especially loved all the help from Suzana!! The rooms were clean and tidy! The pool was refreshing and there was plenty of seating on the deck. It was also very nice to have a complimentary breakfast in the morning. Silver Palms is also a short walk from Duval street and other local attractions. When we visit again we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kpro2

We are so happy to hear you will be with us on your next visit to our little island. Suzana is wonderful! Our entire staff strives to make your stay perfect. Thank you for choosing the Silver Palms Inn! Jim Marquardt, GM

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The kind of price I paid for this motel, I would have stated in a 5 star in Miami. But that's what whole Key West is all about, unrealistic prices. The only good thing about this motel is that it is peaceful. The front desk is ok, smile is a scarcity there. The AC really annoyed me. Lastly, the motel looks different from what the pics show on the website.

Stayed: June 2014

I appreciate constructive feedback especially before a review allowing me to take action and make your stay with us stellar. I am sorry that your stay with us was less than stellar. I have spoken to our staff and have encouraged them to improve on our guest relations in a more positive manner, such as a smile, hellos and how was your day? I have reached out to you privately so that I may address the a/c issue and make any repairs. I hope you will consider a second visit with us on your next trip to Key West! Jim Marquardt, GM

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

For the second year in a row we went to Key West and for the second year in a row we stayed at Silver Palms
Room was very clean,spacious and enjoyable
Within walking distance of Duval Street with all of the shops and restaurants
Would highly recommend with off street parking

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank TomK2006
Silver Palms In... M, Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear TomK2006

Thank your for your review and for choosing to stay with us again. We love it when our returning guests are happy with their stay. Our team at the Silver Palms Inn always strives to maintain our beautiful property and to provide the best possible service to our guests. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our central location and onsite parking facilities.
We would love to welcome you back to the Silver Palms Inn for the third time! when you decide to make your next booking with us, please be sure to give us a call and mention that this will be your third stay with us and we will do our best to offer you the best rates possible! We hope to see you here soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a large group of family staying here. Nice hotel, in a central location of Key West. Pool was nice, kids enjoyed it. Rooms are very spacious with balcony. Plenty of parking. You can rent bicycles and scooters right at the hotel. Rooms were not ready till 3 pm, but we also didn’t call for an early check in either. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ASUPERMOMof4

Dear ASUPERMOMof4

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed staying with us at the Silver Palms Inn. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our central location, close to all of the islands major attractions. We are happy that you enjoyed our contemporary and spacious hotel rooms and that the kids had a great time at the pool. Very soon we are going to introduce a happy hour by our poolside and we really look forward to welcoming you back to the Silver Palms Inn! We offer great rates to our returning guests!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I love this little hotel. It was very clean and beautifully decorated, the beds were extremely comfortable. The staff was very accommodating throughout our entire trip. And it was close enough to Duvall for an easy walk to everything fun, but far enough away that you weren't bothered by the late night noise. I'll definitely be revisiting this one.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee N
Silver Palms In... M, Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Renee S,

Thank you for your lovely review. It makes us so happy to hear from our guests who enjoyed their stay with us. Our team at the Silver Palms Inn always strives to provide our guests with the best service possible. We are happy that you were able to take advantage of our prime location and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Silver Palms Inn! We offer great rates to our returning guests!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for a few nights while visiting my son in Key West. The place was very nice and clean. Modern style, free parking, a very nice pool. My room was on the first level facing the street so I never open my little deck because it was facing the street. But no problem. There was an excellent continental breakfast served with fresh made croissants and other options. The price was good and I was happy. They also let me borrow a laptop from the front desk. Very nice staff and very acceptable accommodations

Room Tip: I think I would prefer to be upstairs facing the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear pradamary,

Thank you for your glowing review! We are so happy that you enjoyed our modern, spacious rooms as well as our continental breakfast selection. We always strive to provide our guests with the best value and exceptional service.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come back to Key West and stay with us at the Silver Palms Inn, we offer great rates for our returning guests!