“well situated accommodation”

Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Key West
yorkshire england
“well situated accommodation”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

By ringing this hotel direct we saved $200 on the price quoted by an information desk in Key Largo also it was over a weekend. The accommodations were sited in a square with a lovely pool, water feature and loungers in the middle. Similar to the old Roman way of villas. There was adequate parking within the complex. Breakfast was included in the price although at peak times the breakfast room did not have enough tables. The rooms were well furnished and airy with very nice bathrooms with walk in showers. There were the usual facilities of safe, coffee maker, microwave etc. All in all very reasonable for Key West and at least there was an elevator!!

Room Tip: If you are of height less than 5' 7" have something handy to climb into bed, they seem to b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank whiteout
Jim M, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for your comments! Usually Dial Direct is the best way to get the best rate! We are currently adding to our breakfast seating by utilizing another space in addition to the lobby area. We will be adding a few more amenities in the near future as well. Again thank you for the comments and we hope to see you again when you visit Key West!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I checked into the Silver Palms Inn in Key West on Monday 9 June 2014. Initially we were very happy with the location of the hotel, our room and just about everything else about it. We both were a bit confused with how the thermostat worked when we first checked into the room but since we were excited to get "out and about" we shoved the thought back in our minds. Later that evening I tried to figure the thermostat out but was completely lost. I would put a degree number in and a second later it would go to something else. I must have played with it for 5 minutes or so before giving it. I also could not figure out how to turn the fan off as it was a bit noisy. The room's temps seemed to be alright so we hopped into bed. Around 2-2:30 am my wife nudged me and asked if the sheets were bothering me, and stated that she couldn't sleep due to how scratchy they were and because of the noisy air conditioner fan that would not shut off. I agreed with both of her complaints and got up and called the front desk. I explained the problems to the desk clerk and asked for another room, of which he informed me there were none. I asked if we could have a different room in the morning and he said the was sure we could. I told him the sheets felt like sleeping on a piece of canvas and he said that he would be up to our room shortly with new sheets and that he would take a look at our thermostat. Prior to his arrival we checked out the status of the sheets on the other bed in the room and they were the same as the rough and scratchy sheets on the bed we had been sleeping in. We then stripped that bed and waited for the new sheets. When the desk clerk arrived he handed me a sheet and then went and checked out the thermostat, agreeing that it was faulty and not working properly. He said that he would leave a note for the day clerk to get us another room for that following night. After he left my wife and I both looked at each other and wondered what was going on. Here we were in our room after complaining about the linens on our bed, the clerk had handed us 1 (one) non fitted sheet and left. Of course, we knew how to make a bed but we were in a hotel (that wasn't a one star dive) and the clerk expected us to make our own bed up. well, at this point it was after 3 am and we just put the new sheet on the mattress and the old top sheet was put back on and we got back into bed. The new sheet was just as bad as the original one. We had had enough at this point. That was the "last straw"! I got my kindle fire out and began hunting for another hotel to move into the next morning. We found a Best Western Hotel that had a room that was actually $25-30 less than the silver palms and we checked out first thing that morning. The two desk clerks appeared to have cared less about our problems hours before. No apologies or anything. We had no complaints regarding our stay at the Best Western.

Room Tip: make sure everything is to your satisfaction before committing yourself to the hotel.
3 Thank bagpiper51
Jim M, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
I apologize that your stay was not perfect. We really do strive to make your experience with us the best. I have reviewed the policies with regard to our Front Desk staff and this situation will not happen again. Our guests should never have to make their bed. We do have new linens arriving each week and are replacing the inventory as fast as possible. Our rooms electric controls are activated by placing the room key in the card slot by the door. The thermostats are controlled by a separate monitor which can be adjusted at anytime. We also have 24/7 maintenance who should have been called when you first had an issue. again I apologize for this. If you have a return visit to Key West we hope you will give us a second chance to make your stay perfect.
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying at silver palms and I would definitely stay again. It is clean, new, economical and the staff is very accomodating. I find the location to be ideal because it is within walking distance of duval, but not directly in the middle of everything. My only suggestion is to call them directly before booking through a discounted website such as kayak or booking. Com because they offer a discount greater than that of the websites, without the additional service fees. I wish I would have known that before making my reservation on booking.Com

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank jenmm33410
Thank you so much for staying with us again! It is always best to book direct with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you soon!
st pete, fl
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I research heavily before booking, and this place is even better than it looks in the pictures! Very nice and safe parking area with many covered (shaded) spots. Bike rental on premises, and very convenient location (just enough off duval to be quiet, and central to many spots. Wonderful staff, very comfy, pretty and clean pool area. Definitely recommend, and hope you all try it!

Room Tip: All rooms looked great, we were right on Truman st and did not have any noise issues at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Family_of_4FL
Jim M, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your comments and reviews! Our central location is perfect for all of your activities or to just lounge about by the pool. Thank you for your comments with regard to the Truman Avenue rooms. We hope to see you again on a future visit to Key West!
Nyon, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I spent two nights here to discover Key West. The rooms are clean, cosy and comfortable. The hotel is well situated and it will take you only 2-3 minutes to reach Duval Street if you rent a bike (do it).
The pool area is clean and nice. Breakfast was ok.
I recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: get a room off the ground
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bikes are the best way to see Key West and we have them on site for you to rent for the day! We are all so happy you had a great stay with us and thank you for the review!
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was in a great location and was kept very clean. The service was great. The rooms were nice. Ours didn't have much of a view and was on the bottom floor but was fine. Breakfast was a nice touch and the pool was nice as well. There was a makeup removing towelette with the toiletries. I really apprecaited that- haven't seen that at a hotel yet.

Room Tip: As for a higher floor and depending on what you want the view to be (pool, street, parking lot).
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We appreciate the feedback and so happy you had a nice stay!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We did a fair amount of research on places to stay before deciding on Silver Palms, and it paid off. This is a very nice, comfortable small hotel far enough off of Duvall to be isolated from the crowds, yet close enough to walk there comfortably.

The rates are a real bargain, compared to a lot of other inns and hotels. The rooms are exceptionally clean, light and comfortable, each with a small balcony. No noise from the street, or the other rooms. The small pool is a treat at the end of the day, and the free breakfast, while not elaborate, was very good. The staff was friendly and helpful, even loaning us umbrellas on our one rainy day. We greatly enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on Margaret Street (quieter than the busier Truman Street) and were very happy w...
1 Thank W C
Jim M, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
A dip in the pool is indeed a treat at the end of the day. We are very happy you chose to stay with us and even happier you had a great time with us and Key West! Jim Marquardt, GM