“Great place to stay”
Review of Silver Palms Inn

Silver Palms Inn
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for Key West part of our honeymoon, and were greeted by a very friendly and helpful girl when we arrived late in the evening. They gave us the best possible room and a bottle of cava was waiting for us when we got there. Nice touch! The room was big, had great air condition, nice bath, complimentary fridge and micro wave. The bed was comfortable and a large enough tv. Great value for money. Breakfast is included, but nothing marvellous.

The location is great. Within short walking distance of most of downtown Key West, but far enough out to be in a calm area. Parking is on the property, and is cheap. The pool area is big enough, and nice and clean. Sufficient sun beds if you are somewhat early.

Would definitely stay here again if we ever come back to Key West (which I hope we do).

Room Tip: If you are here on a special occation, let them know before you arrive. They will most likely upgrad...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YetAnotherNorwegian
Jim M, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your review and comments. I am glad you enjoyed the surprise for you when you arrived in your room! We hope you come back to Key West again and stay with us as well!

There are newer reviews for Silver Palms Inn

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I found this hotel on Travelocity then researched it on TripAdvisor. All the reviews were excellent so I had already decided I wanted to stay here! My husband warned me to only get one night and we'd see if we liked it. I had shown him the pictures but he's always a skeptic until he's actually at a place. We were only checked in for 5 minutes and he told me to book a 2nd night!

There was a large bowl of hersheys kisses at the check in counter - what more could a tired traveler want but some chocolate to wake them up! The check in staff were very friendly! They showed us where breakfast was, access to the pool, where to park, how to use the room keys to keep the lights on and a/c unit running, etc.

There are 2 elevators both accessible, covered parking, bike rentals, a really nice pool area. The pool had a nice waterfall feature and a seating area at one end. The lounge chairs and cabanas were very nice. Smoking is allowed at the pool area preferably at one of the tables.

Our room was on the 3rd/top floor. It was very bright and spacious with a large closet, a chair to relax in, a balcony with chairs and a view of the sunset and pool. The bathroom was very nicely updated espcially the tiled shower. The tiles were an irridescent color with a glass door and the shower/toilet had a door you could close which was very nice.

They only offered 2 room keys upon arrival. Having to leave one in the room in order for the a/c to stay on was odd but I guess they are conserving energy which I respect and appreciate! With three of us we needed 2 keys outside the room and easily got a 3rd key from the front desk.

The only complaint I had was that my bed sheets had beaded up meaning that over time the material gathers into little tiny balls of fabric The housekeeper was putting on new sheets and my Mom mentioned that if they had the same thing on the fresh sheets that I wouldn't like it. So she felt of them and realized they did have the beads on them and she called down and had brand new sheets sent up for my bed.

The breakfast room was a decent size but got crowded at the time we were down there. They had boiled eggs, bagels, cereal/milk, danishes, muffins, fresh fruit and juices.

This hotel is about 2 blocks from Duval Street, a nice walk with nice views of a church and some other quaint hotels. We really enjoyed our stay here and would stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool and the sunset are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and your great review. We have been replacing the sheets in the Hotel and I am so sorry for the issue with your first night but happy it was resolved immediately. Our key system is part of our green lodging and energy conservation program and I am glad it was resolved as well! We are addressing the breakfast area and adjusting the location to include some outside seating areas. Once again, thank you so much for your time and comments, we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The excellent reviews I read on trip advisor led me to book this hotel and I'm glad I did. From the moment we walked through the doors the staff made us feel very welcome and were there for our every need. Whether mapping out the best spots to view the sunset or guiding us to the finest dining locations they were always so attentive.

The hotel itself is very clean and new. The rooms are lovely and the hotel offers complimentary breakfast as well as FREE on site parking which you can't beat. Am I coming back, heck yes!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Ellilaura81

Thank you for your comments! We have a great team here and love to hear you were pleased. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, got the last room available on a Friday night!! It was almost midnight but the lady at the front desk was very friendly. Room was very clean and recently renovated. Parking on site made it super convenient. Free breakfast was a nice touch. Will definitely come back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

I am so happy we were able to accommodate you on your last minute trip! Sometimes they are the most fun and things just work out! We will be so happy to see you here again!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay. Room was very well presented, clean and very comfortable. Great location. Lovely breakfast with fresh fruit and bakery. Staff very polite and helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel if staying in Key West.

Room Tip: our room with balcony overlooking pool was very quiet and had sun in the morning
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Our team will be so happy to hear your comments! We all work very hard for you our guests! We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Perfect location, close to old Town but not too close! Clean, modern and updated comfortable rooms. Fresh bakery and fruit for breakfast. Bike rentals at the hotel. Pleasant and helpful Staff. Free parking. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms were good but we loved the roof top rooms on the third floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Jim M, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Wonderful to hear you had a great visit with us. Thank you so much for the review, we really appreciate hearing from our guests.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

What a great find!!!!! Close enough to the action in old town to bike or walk to and far enough away to not be bothered by it. Great rooms; upgraded fresh look, clean, comfortable beds, plenty of towels. FREE parking (which is unheard of near old town), affordable bike rentals right there, fresh bakery and fruit for breakfast, nice pool area, the price was not bad (especially for Key West) and a very pleasant staff. I understand they have a return guest discount and we will definitely be back. Very pleased and very impressed. Thank you, KT and Syd from Celebration, Florida

Room Tip: There were no bad rooms. However, we loved the roof top rooms on the third floor. They do have an el...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MustangOps

What a great Sunset you posted! Our team is so happy you had a great visit with us! Our return guest policy is very attractive and it is always best to call the Hotel direct for the best rates. We hope to see you soon!