“Great Hotel, Staff and Location!!!”
Review of Silver Palms Inn

Silver Palms Inn
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I wish I could say this hotel was not worth it so I could save it for myself anytime I go to Key West!! I am affraid that there will not be any availability when I need it. It is great! The staff was helpful, the location to Duval was great! (you got your exercise while having fun!) The hotel is probably a 20 minute walk to the "action" on Duval, but so worth it. The rooms were super clean (I even saw one of the employees on his hands and knees scubbing the outside floor) and the decor was excellent!! I would and already have recommend this hotel to friends that are looking to go down to Key West!!! I can't wait to go back to Key West and stay at this hotel!!! EXCELLENT job!!! (Also, the on site parking was great!!, Thank you) Thank you for a great experience!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Silver Palms Inn

Reviewed 1 March 2011

Very friendly staff and the perfect location that is within walking distance to Duval Street.

Rick Hudnett

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Hudnett
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel on a quick business trip to Key West. The rooms were spacious, modern, and clean. The internet was fast. The staff was professional. I travel frequently and this place certainly exceeded most accomodations I have seen. Unfortunately, I didn't get much time to enjoy on Duval Street, but this hotel is located just a few blocks away. I plan on staying here next time I vacation in Key West.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank luckey133
Reviewed 20 February 2011

My stay here was just fine, but nothing fantastic. Let me break it down:

The good:
The room was nice, new and clean with plenty of space and a bed that was just fine with contemporary, clean linens and pretty colors.
Check in and check out was extremely fast, efficient and friendly. There is a $100 security deposit when you check in, but this wasn't a big deal for us.

The not so good:
- The hotel's location: if you choose a "streetview balcony" prepare to overlook a dingy laundromat or some tiny, crappy houses. It's an easy walk to Duval, but still a walk, so if being within steps of the action is a concern for you, this may not be the best place. The bf and I are in good shape and we don't mind walking, so this was fine for us, but we both said we would have preferred being a tad bit closer. I like to wear high heels, and the extra few steps made me think twice about it.
- Outdoor corridors: this hotel had them, which isn't my favorite.
- Creative photography: this is much smaller than the photos online, particularly the pool area, as others have noted. A $10 resort fee really isn't a big deal to me, but if you are someone who is concerned about this, there really isn't anything warranting it at this hotel. Definitely not a resort, more of a Best Western.
- Thin walls. We could hear the maids walking by every morning, cleaning the adjoining rooms (yes, our room had a door to another room attached, which I kind of hate), and we could hear general street noise. This probably isn't the place for light sleepers.
- There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom and ours definitely had a gross, light mildew odor going on.
- This is a "green" hotel, meaning you have to put your room key in a slot near the door to make the power in the room work. I hate to say this, but this is one example where I think "green" really means "hotel trying to save money on the electric bill."

In all, this hotel was just fine, and while I probably wouldn't stay here again, I might if the price was right. To reiterate: it was clean, the rooms were spacious and the location was pretty good.

The bf and I usually try to stay in four-star places when we go out of town, though, and this was just more of a true three-star, on par with a basic Holiday Inn or Best Western. So, if you're just looking for a place to sleep, this is a fine choice. If you're looking to enjoy some upscale amenities, this probably isn't the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank princsoreo
Reviewed 15 February 2011

We stayed at the Silver Palms Inn and could not have been more pleased. Not only is the hotel brand new, but it is convenient in the fact that everything is within walking distance making it easy to explore famous Key West. The hotel is only a few blocks from the beach too. We truly enjoyed our stay and WILL be back!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
SilverPalms1, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2011

Thank you so much taking the time to write a kind response about your stay with us at The Silver Palms Inn.

We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as your comments are vital for us to continue improving our service to our guests.

Again Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 14 February 2011

got this hotel through the Key West Vistors Centre, the lady said this was a "beautiful hotel" and we were not disappointed, having only opened in Oct 2010 this hotel is something special with rooms reaching an exceptional standard, the public areas also reached the same level, this is one of the best hotels we've stayed in anywhere, it's location & free parking is ideal for walking to the bustling Duval St

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
SilverPalms1, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2011

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you during your visit to Key West.
We are very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us. As you may know, so few people take the time to let a business know when they are satisfied with the services they received. Your comments have been shared with the staff, as they pride themselves in the quality of
their work and love to hear from our guests.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

We made 2 days reservation (one in a standar room and one in the suite )in this hotel we did the check out normaly, nothing to declare everything was ok for us and the hotel , like in every hotels all over the world .And when we did arrived in france we checked on our bank account and the hotel charged us 150 dollars extra because 2 robes were missing into our room(robes that we were not aware to had in the room...). The hotel never contacted us or send email to inform us that we are going to be charged for that, so i decided to contact them and the staff told us that after we left the room and did the check out those two articles were missing and the housekeeping did the check list and didnt find the 2 robes . Barth the manager told us on the phone that we are liars and robbers. We tried to defend ourself
explaining that we were even not aware that this articles were available in our room. And he answered to us "it s like this ,nothing can change" and hung up .They treated us like bad person. We went to police in france to complain and to bank to fill the Visa form for fraud.
we sent several mails one week ago to complain directly to the owner of this hotel , but we still have no answer .... Very very disappointing...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dutox
SilverPalms1, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2011

Thank you for contacting us to explain the issues that occurred after your departure. We regret any inconvenience you have experienced, and we assure you that we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer.

We pride ourselves on trying to make sure each guest’s experience is above and beyond their expectation.

Again thank you for giving us an opportunity to resolve this matter.