“Beautiful sail boat, great crew, educational and fun.”
Review of Schooner Appledore

Schooner Appledore
Book In Advance
More Info
US$45.97*
and up
Schooner Appledore Key West Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Come aboard an Appledore tall-ship schooner and re-live maritime history. Sebago Watersports offers several Key West excursions on the historic 2-masted wooden Appledore II and Appledore Star. Enjoy a true sailing experience on our turquoise calm waters. Choose from romantic Key West sunset sails, an afternoon schooner sail or a backcountry all-day eco adventure. A complimentary selection of fine wines, premium beers, homemade sangria, and soft drinks are included on all sails.
Reviewed 23 February 2011

On a beautiful day in Jan the crew of this schooner taught us about the boat and took us out for a 2 hour cruise in the Gulf. It was lovely and well run and well worth the time and money. Great restaurant right at the dock and a well stocked gift shop.

All reviews
in 32 reviews
"cruise"
in 98 reviews

Reviewed 19 February 2011

Friends were visiting from NH so we decided to go on the 2 hour cruise on the Schooner Appledore V. The schooner is lovely and we had plenty of room to sit and walk about.

The wind was not strong so the cruise was a bit tame. We expected some narration of what we were seeing but none was offered. However, David the captain for our trip did ask for help in raising the sails and gave a brief lesson to those who were interested.
The crew was pleasant and the weather was sunny and warm.

Reviewed 16 February 2011

I took my nephew, who was visiting from Boston, on the Schooner Appledore V, and we had a great time. I live in this area and tend to avoid Ft. Myers Beach, as in my mind it is mostly a place that tourists frequent, but I knew that my 20-something nephew would love it. I saw an offer on Groupon for the schooner and thought, "why not?". We had a beautiful, sunny day with clear blue skies. I felt as if I was lucky enough to be acquainted with someone who owned a beautiful schooner and be able to go for a 2.5 hour ride. There were no speeches, other than about safety concerns--just a chance to enjoy the water from a beautiful schooner. The outing could not have been more low-key, as was brought home by the Pirate Ship sitting beside us at the marina with the staff dressed in costumes and firing fake guns. I have not tried other boat rides on Ft. Myers Beach, and will not be doing so, as I would definitely choose to come back to the Appledore V for my next sail. My nephew really enjoyed it, too, and liked helping to raise the sails. If you want to go for sail on Ft. Myers Beach, this is a really good choice!

Reviewed 16 February 2011

Took the 2 hour sunset cruise and it was great. Beautiful boat, wonderful views, saw the sunset on one side of the boat and the full moon rise on the other. Very wonderful trip well worth the money. Thumbs up!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Our group discovered this two hour sailing excursion while on our vacation and decided to give it a try. We are glad we did because we had a great time! The crew were very friendly and pleasant to talk to. They were very knowledgeable about sailing and sail boats in general and answered all of our questions we had. We were encouraged to help raise and lower the sails, which was quite fun. The day could not have been more perfect sailing out of Salty Sam's marina in Ft. Myers, FL. The water was calm and there wasn't a cloud in the blue sky above. What great memories we now have from sailing on the Appledore V.