“Dedicated and Fun”

Key West Fishing Connection - Private Charters
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dedicated and Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I saw the one bad review on here and I can't believe that was the reality of the trip. That being said, I had to write a review on our amazing experience with Dan and Garrett.

We chose to go fishing a couple days with Second Nature after reading reviews on TripAdvisor.com…and I’m glad we did! Dan and Garrett are a great team and go above and beyond to get fish on the deck.

Our first day out, we decided to do some trolling on a full day trip. Dorado had been biting, but they were a long haul from shore and the seas were a bit rough, but Dan was more than willing to make the trip. We had a great day of trolling and put 15-20 dorado on board, including a 15 and a 35 pounder. We caught the fish throughout the day, but even when time was waning on our full day trip, Dan was still trolling for more fish. I have fished most tropical areas of North America and I don’t know any boat that isn’t heading full steam back to the dock when the day is winding down. When we returned to the dock, we were able to get as much fish as we liked and it was fileted and ready to go to a local restaurant for cooking (we went to Dante’s and it was amazing).

Our second day, we wanted to try to cram two trips into one on our full day trip. We asked to go tarpon fishing in the AM and then head out to the reef…about a 30-minute run. Dan was more than happy to give it a shot and he put us on 4-5 tarpon by 9:30. We weren’t able to land any of them, but Garrett and Dan were on top of them and constantly kept the fish biting and our bait where it needed to be to get bit. We then headed out to the reef and had a great day of bottom fishing. We caught about 6 big mutton and those were also fileted and prepared for cooking at a restaurant that night. It is no mahi mahi, but it was great none the less.

Garrett was our deckhand and he is a young kid with a ton of experience that takes care of the guests. He was attentive and always on the gear to make sure we had the best chance to catch fish. Dan was a great captain and even during downtime was doing what he could to help catch fish (and give us a little razzing on losing 5 tarpon). With dedicated fishermen aboard and a couple of great personalities to go with it, both days were productive and a good time. I highly recommend this boat to any serious (or just casual) fisherman that is heading to the keys.

3 Thank SoCalKunta

Costa Mesa, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My brothers and I had booked two days fishing with captain Dan based on the review on TripAdvisore. We have fished in a lot of places and I have to say Captain Dan worked harder than most both days to get us in the fish.
On the first day of fishing Dan said that he had luck with Dorados out at the 700 foot mark the day before. My brothers and I decided to go with Dan’s suggestion. We trolled for some time until hitting a small grass line that Dan followed. We were able to pull 15 fish on the grass line. We started to troll back when Captain Dan spotted nice bull Dorado ahead of the boat. Dan gave chase and deck hand garret made some great casts to get bait in front of the fish, but we were unable to get him interested enough to take the bait. At the dock they flayed the fish and actually told us of a couple of restaurants that would cook the fish for us. We took the fish over to Dante’s and they cooked it up for us, nothing better than fresh fish.
On the second day we decided that we wanted to do some tarpon fishing and Captain Dan’s obliged us. Unfortunately we didn’t make the boat look good that day. Dan and Garret put us on the fish and we hooked 6 Tarpon and my brothers and I couldn’t get them all the way to the boat. While we were there we also hooked a few Jacks that we didn’t keep. After a will Dan suggested that we move out to the reef and try a little Mutton snapper fishing. As we have never fished for mutton we decided to give it a try. We caught 7 large Muttons and a few other smaller ones not to mention about 6 sharks. Needless to say I think the captain and his crew did a great job for us.

3 Thank Kurt C
“Captain Dan works very hard to make sure you catch fish.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Every year, my brothers and I go to a different place to fish. Of all the places we've been, Dan and Garret woked the hardest to make sure we caught fish and had a GREAT time. Dan and Garret know their business. I would recommend them to anyone from novice to pro angler.

Naples, Florida, United States
“Great fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

The crew and Cap Dan were great to be out with. Fishing for 25 years down here
I was impressed with there there methods of catching yellow fin snapper. Highly recommend them

Leesburg, Florida
“Outstanding service and fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We did and 8 hour day reef and wreck bottom charter and Capt. Dan and Garrett were outstanding. We started on some wrecks in 40 feet or so and action was slow for Dan... a couple keeper mangrove snappers and throw back yellow tails later we headed out to 120 feet near the edge of a reef. Action came in spurts, someone needs to tell the fish to come one at a time every several minutes or so. Instead, we had double hook ups repeatedly followed by 20 minute lulls. These hookups landed 5 or 6 small sharks, one 4 foot barracuda, one amber-jack, and 12 plus-sized mutton snapper. Ha, they know how to tire us out. Conditions were stormy all around us, but about three foot seas with some medium winds and heavy cloud cover (sporadic light rains) was mostly our condition. All in all, great trip with Capt Dan and Key West Fishing Connections for my entire family. Garrett and Dan were great with the teens and adults alike.