My wife and I took a get away trip this past summer and knew not to expect a five star hotel by the previous reviews and the price. We did get more than expected. The staff was nice and laid back. We asked for a great view and they gave us a balcony overlooking the pool and the bay. Key West doesn't have nice beaches anywhere compared to other major resort sites so the sandy relaxation area at the hotel was nice. You can sit and talk under the canopy trees and enjoy the sun set. The pool is clothing optional which no one took advantage of during the day... but not saying anything about night.... Everyone at the hotel was very well behaved with mostly couples occupying the place... no children allowed here. The pool bar was never open, which was a let down but on the other hand their never where more than eight people at the pool. It was almost like a bed and breakfast.
The room was clean and looked like the picture. Everything worked and was clean but again this is not a five star resort. It is a good place to base your excursions on the island and then retreat back fora late night swim. Bring your own snacks and drinks and you will enjoy the stay. For the price it is a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-Story Hotel situated directly on the Gulf of Mexico in a tropical garden setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Banana Bay Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bay Resort - Key West Hotel Key West
- Banana Bay Hotel Key West
- Banana Bay Key West
- Banana Bay Resort - Key West Florida