“Second Time Around, Not Exactly a Charm”

The Inn at Key West
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Second Time Around, Not Exactly a Charm”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here before a few years ago, but it was nicer the first time. We had a bigger room and the view better; this time, faced the back towards IHOP and the room was much much smaller, although the bath is detailed with granite and was generally clean, but fan in bath was not cleaned and there were a lot of bugs around on first floor. The hotel shows signs of wear and humidity damage, and balcony dripping water, and the AC was very loud all night long (needed earplugs), Service was very good for the most part, with the FD providing things we needed and the bartender helpful at the Tiki bar and at the very large fancy pool (better than the downtown hotel pools by far). Restaurant service and food good and reasonable too. Free Wifi a plus, and lobby is nice to lounge in. As a hotel at the edge of key west and competing with downtown hotels the main attraction is value - price and space and service - it needs to feel clean and comfortable. Price is good but the little other things make a difference. Should give repeat customers a better room - but we may not chance it again.

Room Tip: If you dont like bugs, I assume the second floor is better. Take earplugs - some ACs are loud.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank StationSquared
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. If you have time please send me the room you stayed in so I can have our Chief Engineer fix the AC unit in your room. We appreciate your business.

305-294-5541
jonhosey@remingtonhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 November 2013

After driving through many quaint little spots through the Keys on the way down, I was beginning to get really excited. I had never been to Florida and was looking forward to spending a nice romantic weekend filled with long walks, great food and of course fun in the sun! When we arrived, we turned left on Roosevelt (it is a right) on accident and found ourselves driving along the beach looking for our hotel - so many nice hotels, but none were ours. So we got ourselves directionally "un"challenged and turned around.

When we pulled up, from the outside it felt like a motel, complete with being right next to an ihop. There was massive construction going on to the street which we were not advised about when I booked an upgraded ocean view room. To top that off, three were 4 police cars in the driveway (they had just pulled someone over) when we arrived - a seriously memorable welcome.

But ... once you step inside, it was every bit as cute, tropical and cozy as the pictures. They were very customer oriented, pleasant and helpful changing our room to an upgraded courtyard with lanai at no extra charge. The only negative about the room is that is had a slight mildew smell which we go used to easily and didn't bother us.

The pool and bar area are great, you can eat and drink to your hearts content. The food is good and reasonable. The bar staff are also great offering a lot of local ideas. We parked our car for the weekend and rented bikes through the concerige - it was a easy ride the 2-3 miles down to Duval street - night or day!

I always try to support local hotels and know the risks, this one paid off - we would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jon H, Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate your kind words about the property as well as the helpfulness of the staff. We look forward to having you back in the future.

knoxville
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Three pluses: nice pool and next door to a grocery. Rooms are nice and clean.

Negatives:
No shuttle to Key West town and not near it either, no free breakfast, no food on site after 6pm, expensive drinks at the pool ($10 pina colada), no microwave in room, most rooms are not quiet.
Higher priced rooms than hotels offering more amenities.

Having recently enjoyed a lovely stay at the Doubletree Hilton with all the above amenities for much less $$, we are disappointed.

Room Tip: Very few rooms are quiet. Maybe the SIDE parking lot rooms. Front rooms face BUSY street. Pool rooms...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed about your stay with us. We appreciate your compliments as well as suggestions to improve the hotel amenities.

Villa Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The Inn is nice but is way too far away from town without any shuttle service, We spent every day in town and $20.00 one way is just too expensive. Wish we had stayed in old town. If this place wants to stay in business-it needs to offer shuttle service any time you want. The pool and bar area is nice but the restaurant closes at 6:00 PM! That is riduculous for Key West. Also 2 cups of coffee from the cafe in the morning was $6.50. Never again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear about any inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We appreciate you providing us with your concerns and suggestions.

Hertford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Found this hotel by accident, such a stroke of luck for us. I visited with my mother and two daughters the hotel is beautiful and the staff welcoming. Our room was just perfect and very clean... As was the whole hotel. We had breakfast twice and the service was good as was the food. The most wonderful heated pool open until 11pm we have never swam at night before and it was a lot of fun in fact my youngest daughter swan on her own for the first time in the special paradise pool.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. I appreciate your kind words about the hotel and we appreciate your business.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just got back from staying here. The Inn at Key West is a great place to stay! Rooms are very nice and the pool area is serene (the price was also good). Laying by the pool as the palm trees sway and the waterfall cascades into the pool was so relaxing. Amber was beyond fantastic!!! Her personal touches made us feel like the most important guests. Her alone would bring us back again, but Scotty at the tiki bar never lets your drink glass go empty and is great company over a few beers. We love Key West and will stay here when we return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. I appreciate your kind words about Amber and Scotty. They are two of our best employees here at the hotel. We appreciate your business.

Lowell, Indiana
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at The Inn and we found the room to be lovely and the grounds very nice. The pool area makes you feel very far away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. We did have a loss while there and did not feel the hotel staff and housekeeping crew took the loss very seriously. We only stayed one night and before leaving for dinner I placed my jewelry in my suit case( bad idea). Upon our return to the room a couple of hours later I had remarked to my husband that I did not recall leaving the overhead light on but I did not check my bag to see if anything was amiss. Once we got back to our place on the mainland I did realize I hadn't seen my jewel case. Why I did not just take this with me , I cant say, I guess I still maintain a strong faith in people not to take things that aren't theirs. Yet, my jewelry is gone and all the sentimental connections I had to those pieces. It took 3 calls to the hotel - none of which were returned to finally get an answer stating that the case and its contents had not been found by housekeeping. I did not expect it would be returned. I am in the process of filing a police report, but I would have liked to have had the hotel be more pro-active in trying to find these missing items and to have returned our phone calls.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool-- the water side properties face the road.
2 Thank Jodistravelreview
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time and providing us with your feedback. Our Executive Housekeeper stated she had tried to reach you three times. Ryan Batot our Front Office Manager handled the situation with you on the phone and informed me of the situation. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel to discuss further if you wish.

305-294-5541