My girlfriend and I took a weekend trip to Key West during Mid-May. It wasn't quite off season yet, and we were intimidated by the rates we were looking at for a decent non-budget hotels. Most of the decent hotels had rates starting close to $300 per night or higher.
We chose to take a Hotwire "surprise deal" in outer Key West listing a 4-Star hotel for $230 per night and were rewarded with the Inn at Key West.
When we arrived at the hotel, from the outside it was nicely taken care of, but nothing spectacular. Once inside to check-in, we were greeted by a gorgeous boutique style hotel! The One King bed room was very nice. Everything spotless and in good repair. marble countertops, large flat screen TV, etc. Five minutes after checking in, we got a call from the front desk asking if everything was o.k., and to just let them know if we needed anything? That was nice. We also had one of the few rooms with a balcony facing the pool, but the palm trees and landscaping was so thick you couldn't really even see anything from the room In fact, there were only a few rooms with a balcony where you could actually see the pool. (See photos) The self laundry is also close to the pool so you can sit by it and have a cocktail while waiting for your wash to finish up.
The pool was gorgeous! The poolside bar wasn't unreasonably pricey as expected at a hotel bar! It also had live music on the weekends starting at around 4pm. It was very relaxing and you'd never know you were right next to a busy highway. It felt very secluded once in the room or by the pool. All hotel employees we came across were friendly and professional.
This hotel is about two miles down the road to the fun of Old Town. Parking was free, and a cab to old town took about five minutes and cost $13. Some days you can get lucky and find a group of people out front already catching a cab downtown and offer to split the ride for about $4 per person with four people? You could even walk there in about 15-20 minutes at a brisk pace.
There is a shopping center with grocery store just down the street, along with an IHOP directly next door. There are numerous cheap eat places, fast food and a Dunkin' Donuts close by if you don't want to pay up to eat downtown on Duval Street for the whole visit. Key West prices can add up quickly!
I really have to think hard for something negative to say about this place? The only thing I can think of is the one afternoon we woke up after a long night out. I was in my underwear and my girlfriend scantly clad. We opened the curtain to the balcony and a maintenance man was just that minute climbing over the railing to paint the porch! Kind of surprised us, but we ended up laughing about it later in the day!
Without a doubt, I would stay here again when in Key West! I would recommend it for the pool alone! It's also A great couple's getaway
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For your next vacation or group to the Florida Keys, The Inn at Key West is a boutique hotel offering the largest freshwater resort pool in the Keys. Only 3 miles from Duval Street, our quiet inn offers everything you need for an ideal getaway, yet near all the action of Key West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Havana Cabana Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Key West Hotel Key West
- Hotel Key West
- Inn Key West
- Havana Cabana Key West Florida