“Great Hotel, horrible reservation process”

The Inn at Key West
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 22 February 2009

This is a delightful small botique hotel in a wonderful location. The grounds are lush and tropical and the rooms are very nicely appointed. My problem with this hotel is that they lost my initial reservation in their system. As I had not received any sort of e-mail confirmation I called them back to determine that had happened. They had no record of my reservation so I had to re-book the room. On receipt of my credit card invoice I found I was double charged. I placed a call to the business manager of the hotel, left a message regarding my predicament. I was never re-contacted. Huge customer service issues with this establishment. There are may fine hotels in the Key West area, I'll be staying elsewhere my next trip to Key West.

1  Thank Hugemaniac1
Write a ReviewReviews (2,379)

Reviewed 20 February 2009

My friends and I traveled to KW recently and loved our stay at the Inn at KW. The staff were unbelievably helpful and pleasant. The concierge, especially, was extremely knowledgeable about trips, restaurants, and directions. The setting is gorgeous. The plants, flowers, bananas (!) and palms around are a treat to see. It is very safe, very friendly, and we saw lots of different types of families there. We never ate at the cafe - seemed too expensive for breakfast - really, why not grab fruit/bagels and eat at the water? And sure - the location isn't in the "thick of things" and you have to drive into town. But it's not a real hardship - there's more to kw than duval, and if you drive around you realize that very quickly! I really enjoyed our stay here and will come back again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2009

The pool area is very nice with great landscaping and a waterfall that provides an excellent ambient noise. There is a poolside bar and cafe- which made staying here very convenient and enjoyable. The rooms were pretty and comfortable. We had an ocean view with a balcony which was a waste as it overlooks the parking lot- no reason to want to sit out there! Room had a very nice flat screen tv, fridge, hairdryer, iron and board. Bath is stocked with Bath and Body Works soaps and shampoos. Hotel staff was friendly and polite. Only complaint would be the housekeeping staff did not clean the rooms in a timely manner- some days it was after 3pm before our room was cleaned. I also agree with a previous poster- providing transportation to Duval Street would make this hotel a no-brainer. Taxis to Duval run aprox $28 round trip.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We had a very nice stay at the Inn at Key West for 5 nights in February. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler to Key West but with advisories. The Hotel is very cute and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The pool area is fantastic and it seemed that the clientele was diverse and friendly. Families with kids, single travelers, couples (gay and straight) and good range of ages.

The only two knocks I could mention were one of most important, this hotel is in New Key West, a couple of miles away from the charming and quaint area of Old Key West. This is an important distinction, as you will definitely miss the "charm" of Old Key West. Some families and budget minded travelers will appreciate being in the New Key West and cheaper restaurants, shops prevail.
Also, I am not sure if it was a bad week but I found the service overall to be disappointing. James at the Front Desk was nice but other than that, no real standouts. One gentlemen was nice enough to take our picture by the pool. Besides these two, the other staff was underwhelming. In fact, some of the staff averted eye contact of any kind. This was surprising and unexpected.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2009

This hotel probably has the best pool area we have ever experienced - the hotel web-site depicts it perfectly. It is visually stunning with plenty of sun-loungers. Whilst we were there none of the guests were guilty of the universally irritating practice of “reserving” beds, which together with the amount of space available ensured we never felt rushed or overcrowded. This was helped by the really friendly and efficient pool attendant who also provided helpful local knowledge. However, everything was not perfect. The rooms are just OK by American standards – fairly compact with noisy air-con. We had a standard pool-side room but there are others in the main building available at a premium rate which could be better – I guess these were used in the web photos. Also you need a car/cab to get into town so the pool attendants tip on where to park for free was invaluable.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2009

We had a wonderful stay at The Inn. The room was fantastic, clean, spacious and nicely furnished and decorated, with a very comfy bed. The pool was lovely but breakfast was about average. The computers for guests' use in the lobby were free and a great extra that we used and appreciated. Staff were very helpful and polite. The only downside was its location, as it is not located near to the main life of Key West, but still just a short taxi ride away.

Reviewed 30 January 2009

This place is definitely underrated. Pros: It has an awesome pool surrounded by tropical plants. The rooms are beautifully decorated and spacious. The lobby is cheerful and bright. They had complimentary computers in the lobby for general use. The tiki bar is fabulous and convenient. Staff was helpful and courteous. This was our third stay at the I@KW. I love it there. Cons: it is far from Duval Street and a cab will cost you $15 each way. The bathtub treads could have used a good scrubbing. The pool was cold. We got caught short once without toilet paper and we had to ask for an ironing board. But I think these are minor irritations compared to all the good things about it. I would highly recommend this place as long as you have a car.