“too far from duval street”

Havana Cabana Key West
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 4 March 2009

loved the hotel nice pool,clean rooms, good breakfast. only downfall is paying 15$ one way into town

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,382)

Reviewed 2 March 2009

We came across the Inn at Key West's website and thought it looked pretty darn nice. Spacious rooms, beautiful views, etc. So we booked a room. Little did we know.
We knew something was up when our taxi driver took us to the crappy part of town. The Inn is located at a sparse strip of concrete, right next to an uber-classy IHOP. The Inn is set up motel-style, something we had not wanted nor known. And our room was not the spacious suite we were expecting - it was a crammed little cubby hole.
All the other reviewers rave about the pool, but I certainly don't think it was worth the price.
My family and I were just pissed because we felt we had been misguided. Also, the location totally sucked. You had to take a taxi to get downtown, and there was no charm or anything special surrounding the Inn. We changed hotels after one night, to a beautiful resort right on the beach, near all the action, for the same price. To put it simply, The Inn at Key West was mediocre and lame. Be sure you know what you're getting into before booking. THE WEBSITE LIES.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2009

The Inn at Key West did not honor our room request that was done through an agent. When we arrived the front desk was aloof and the room was not what was requested. My daughter had an infant and the room was not acceptable for what was reserved for our family. The front desk told us that we would have to move in a few days to another room. This was not O.K. since there was an infant involved, and they knew of this at time of reservation. We left the premises and went to the Doubletree whom were gracious and helpful for our week long vacation; which we all recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2009

This hotel has to be the best value in Key West. The photos depict the property perfectly. Treat yourself and spring for the king size bed with the garden. It was worth the extra money. The pool was one of the best I've seen. As for getting around if you have a car it's no problem parking downtown on Simonton St. Half the time we parked for free and the other was not that expensive. The staff were polite and very professional. For those who had complaints it's my belief you could put them in heaven and they would still find something wrong.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2009

This is a delightful small botique hotel in a wonderful location. The grounds are lush and tropical and the rooms are very nicely appointed. My problem with this hotel is that they lost my initial reservation in their system. As I had not received any sort of e-mail confirmation I called them back to determine that had happened. They had no record of my reservation so I had to re-book the room. On receipt of my credit card invoice I found I was double charged. I placed a call to the business manager of the hotel, left a message regarding my predicament. I was never re-contacted. Huge customer service issues with this establishment. There are may fine hotels in the Key West area, I'll be staying elsewhere my next trip to Key West.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hugemaniac1
Reviewed 20 February 2009

My friends and I traveled to KW recently and loved our stay at the Inn at KW. The staff were unbelievably helpful and pleasant. The concierge, especially, was extremely knowledgeable about trips, restaurants, and directions. The setting is gorgeous. The plants, flowers, bananas (!) and palms around are a treat to see. It is very safe, very friendly, and we saw lots of different types of families there. We never ate at the cafe - seemed too expensive for breakfast - really, why not grab fruit/bagels and eat at the water? And sure - the location isn't in the "thick of things" and you have to drive into town. But it's not a real hardship - there's more to kw than duval, and if you drive around you realize that very quickly! I really enjoyed our stay here and will come back again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2009

The pool area is very nice with great landscaping and a waterfall that provides an excellent ambient noise. There is a poolside bar and cafe- which made staying here very convenient and enjoyable. The rooms were pretty and comfortable. We had an ocean view with a balcony which was a waste as it overlooks the parking lot- no reason to want to sit out there! Room had a very nice flat screen tv, fridge, hairdryer, iron and board. Bath is stocked with Bath and Body Works soaps and shampoos. Hotel staff was friendly and polite. Only complaint would be the housekeeping staff did not clean the rooms in a timely manner- some days it was after 3pm before our room was cleaned. I also agree with a previous poster- providing transportation to Duval Street would make this hotel a no-brainer. Taxis to Duval run aprox $28 round trip.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple