“Pick somewhere else to stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West
Ranked #37 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 May 2014

From the first day we arrived our hotel a/c didn't go below 77 degrees. I called maintenance everyday, sometimes twice a day and they kept telling me they fixed it. They never fixed it. On the last night of our one week stay the manager offered us a different room and a fan. A little late I think.
On our second day someone used rotten milk to make the scrambled eggs on the breakfast buffet. When I advised them the eggs tasted like rotten milk they said "sorry you don't like them".
The bed was an old spring bed. It was awful. The pillows were flat. The blankets were more like a top sheet but we couldn't use them anyway because our room was so hot.
For over $200 a night this hotel should be ashamed of themselves. I've had much better quality for half the price.
I would recommend the Best Western Key Ambassador which is where we switched to on our 7th night. The breakfast buffet was great, the beds were comfy, the a/c worked, they had an airport shuttle , and the staff was nice. Slightly more money but well worth it and we had an oceanfront room.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Darkego
FFIKEYWESTMgmt, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a great stay. I do understand that you had some AC issues in your room and i will defiantly be looking into this to make sure we do not have further issues in the future. As for your breakfast experience I apology if you had eggs that were unsatisfactory. Thank for your review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Facility was clean, and the price was very reasonable. Room was very small, but we hadn't planned to spend much time in it anyway. Pool, bar, and bike rental were all very convenient and nice. It was a little far (not walking distance) from all of the Key West Attractions, relatively speaking, but we didn't mind the exercise on our rented bikes. The road construction made biking a little challenging, but we made it work. We would stay there again for a budget-friendly trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiffanyshasta
jjdru429, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to enjoy our facilities. The road construction is schedule to be finished in July and we are excited about that. Look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hotel was very suitable for our one night trip to the keys, however I was quite insulted to be given Plastic disposable cutlery for breakfast, I do not expect this in any hotel never mind a Marriott.
Why do Hotel was very suitable for our one night trip to the keys, however I was quite insulted to be given Plastic disposable cutlery for breakfast, I do not expect this in any hotel never mind a Marriott the reviews have to be 200 words long?

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I am extremely sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our poolside breakfast. There is actually a Florida State law prohibiting glassware in pool enclosures. We use some disposable and some recyclable utensils in order to be more eco-friendly and still remain compliant with the laws. Again, I am sorry that this didn't meet your needs. We certainly apprecaite you taking the time to respond.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We couldn't get into our "main" hotel until Wednesday but our flight was scheduled for Tuesday. By a whim I went on line and booked a room for the one night. We arrived early -- 10:30am -- and sure enough they had our room ready. The front desk personnel were very knowledgeable and extremely friendly. Our room was perfect--clean and a good size with two beds. The pool was spectacular. very large compared to other hotels. All in all this was a great stop over. I must admit our "main" hotel was nice but didn't have quite the charm.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicki R

Glad you enjoyed your visit! Thanks very much!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed here in 2011, and when we booked this trip in early March, we hoped for the same type of experience we had back then and were not disappointed. I must mention that we paid a lot more money this time which concerned me for a Fairfield property, but the prices were high across the island (I think b/c of the bad weather we've had in the US, everyone's gone to Key West!!) I had a bad experience at "paying less" at another KW property years ago and didn't want to make that mistake again so we booked here based on our 2011 trip. We were relieved and happy to find the same excellent service, clean property and overall reason to recommend this place.

We noticed that the front desk staff & breakfast staff genuinely greets all guests with a smile & hello--nothing is forced, and they make you feel that you are a valued guest throughout the entire say. Our first night, the air conditioning went out and when I called the next morning to report it, they had someone up to fix it in under 10 minutes from when I called. Our only "complaint" would be that the AC in our room was so loud that when it went on, we could not hear the TV (even on max volume) but since we weren't here to watch TV, I didn't even mention it.

The daily hot breakfast buffet did the trick & started our perfect daily routine: Get up, go to breakfast, grab the USA Today under the coconut by the bar (or local KW paper in the lobby), find 2 lounge chairs by the beautiful pool and swim and relax for hours! It was great. They also have a clean gym with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, (they had one other piece of cardio, but I forget what it is), TV's on cardio machines (so bring headphones or they do have TV above the machines as well), a workout bench & hand weights. I was in there 3 times and pretty much had it to myself.

This hotel is 1.8 miles from Duval St., but we welcomed the daily walk for exercise & cabbed it back each night (about $12-$15 w/tip). If you're looking for some great BBQ, Daddy Bones is a fantastic, rustic place literally right next door that you should not miss!!

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel if you don't mind walking or have a car. It's not the prettiest location on the island given it's right on N. Roosevelt, but we had a fantastic trip, met great people at our hotel-both staff & guests, and hope that when the Marriott opens the new Fairfield down the road later this year, that this current Fairfield will continue on the way they are now--a reliable, clean, friendly hotel. Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool (vs. outside of hotel)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsLineaM
FFIKEYWESTMgmt, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

I am excited to hear you had such a great experience on your second visit to the hotel and that you had great interactions will all of our team members. Yes the weather has been great down here and it is a great way to start your day off by eating breakfast by the pool. We cannot wait until we see you again for your third visit!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Pool was great, My four year old daughter had a Blast, We LOVED breakfast, Staff was very helpful and our Room was Cute and Comfortable. We rented bikes and everything was about 10 minutes away. We'll definitely stay again :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

I was really glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the pool and facilities. Thank you for sharing!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I stayed there during March break last month. I am not going to mention how much we spent, but I will mention our disappointment with the property. Of course, we knew prices would be higher, but it was simply outrageous to charge that much for so little in return.
The little glass of high-sugar juice they offer as a welcome drink do not make up for the motel feeling that this property offers.
We stayed in Marriott properties all over the world, but this one was less than average.
At least parking was free and convenient. So was express check out...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guizzi123
FFIKEYWESTMgmt, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

I certainly apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We value your input and feedback. Thank you for your review.