“Great Suites”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West
Ranked #37 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We checked into a standard room which was extremely small but switched to a King Suite which was only $20.00 more a night. The suite had a King bed and a fold out couch and was separated by a wall. This room included a private balcony which was wonderful. Though there was no hot tub, the pool was very warm. The pool area was really nice and not crowded. Free wifi in the rooms. A great free continental Breakfast. The front desk staff was great. The trolley stops at this hotel and will drop you off at any of the 14 or 15 locations around Key West. Be aware that the trolley will stop the first stop which is Mallory Square and you will have to get off and board a different trolley. This wasn’t a big deal and the trolley drivers were full of Key West trivia. I would recommend this.
Attend the sunset celebration at Mallory Square, stop at Sloppy Joes or the Hog’s Breath Saloon and enjoy Key West.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 February 2009

We were very positively surprised by our stay at The Fairfield Inn in Key West--the staff greeted us warmly, provided useful discount coupons for several restaurants in town and were genuinely pleasant to deal with for the 3 days we stayed--including extending our checkout on a very popular weekend. The hotel is remodeled and the rooms are very adequate, the breakfast included in the room rate provided was really quite good with a broad assortment of food. The fitness room had relatively new equipment. The pool is really quite amazing. It is located within 5-7 minutes of Duval Street. Unlike some other reviews, we found that it was quiet and did not encounter any road noise. The free wifi worked quite well.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2009

We spent two nights at the Fairfield Inn Key west in mid-January of this year. I would say this Fairfield is a notch above other Fairfield Inns I've stayed in; and most of those were more than adequate. I loved the decor in the room. We were told that the hotel had recently renovated. I really like the color scheme and the tile flooring (hotel carpet always seems kind of nasty to me!) We only had a shower; no tub; but it was a very large walk-in, glass shower. The room was very clean and I loved that we had a regular 4-cup coffeemaker instead of what seems to be the latest trend (one-cuppers). We usually travel with our own coffee and I really hate it when we can't use it! The breakfast selections were pretty good. They offered the Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuits if you like those; as well as boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, yogurt, and the usual donuts/pastries. Free wireless internet is provided as well if you have a laptop. I believe there is a business center if you don't. We also utilized the laundry, which is on the second floor close to the pool area. The hotel will provide detergent free of charge for you if you need it (we had our own), and it costs a straight $1 per load to wash and $1 to dry (amazingly, not just for 10 minutes like you usually get in a laundromat, but depending upon the size of your load, up to 45 minutes drying time!)The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking at the hotel is free. It is a short drive to the action in Key West, although parking downtown can be a bit of a hassle. We found all-day parking for $10; reasonable compared to some. The pool area was lovely, but we didn't utilize it as we were pretty busy and it was a little on the cool side when we were there. I would definitely recommend the Fairfield if you're visiting Key West.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2009

Quite possibly the worst hotel in Key West,
The flashy website deceives the customer into thinking that this will be a hotel worhy of the Marriott name.

This hotel is comparable to a Motel 6 and is located on the side of the main troute/freeeway through Key West.

At $ 250.00 per night it is overpiced and does not deserve to be part of the Marriott chain. This is an $ 80.00 room in any other location.

Rooms are extremely small and cramped.
The rooms have no soundproofing and you will hear all of the traffic going by in the nearby highway.
Continental breakfast was below average.
Staff do not make eye contact and do not seem to have a positive/can do approach to service.
Location is in a disreputable part of town. I woke up at 2 a.m. hearing two guys shouting profanites at eachother in the street below. Police sirens folowed shortly afterwards.

I stayed one nigh then found a "real" Mariott.
True to form the Fairfield Inn insisted on charging me for the second night even though I made it clear that I did not want to stay there.

Definetly not reccomended for families with small children/elderly people.

I will never stay at the Fairfield Inn Key West again

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 23 December 2008

I don't know the cost of this hotel because I booked our stay with my Marriott Rewards points. Front desk staff was friendly and gave lots of great pointers and a coupon pack. Parking was free and that is a huge plus in KW. Breakfast was included (a nice surprise) and it was awesome with lots of hot/cold and healthy choices. Location isn't great, about 2 miles from downtown, definitely walkable but a scooter is preferred. (On that note don't rent a scooter from the hotel because they're way overpriced! Do your research- there are a million scooter rental places all over town.) The room is adequate but who cares because you're rarely in it! There were some little bugs but this is Florida after all...
No room service. Local restaurants will deliver but we didn't try it.
Nice pool, try to get a room on the back side overlooking the pool instead of near the busy street.
On a side note- the next time I visit Key West I'm going to use my points for the Courtyard by Marriott simply because of their shuttle! That hotel has a shuttle that will take you downtown, but we kept seeing it all over the island! My boyfriend and I were joking around about the amazing Courtyard shuttle because it was the only hotel shuttle we saw.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2008

The hotel is located about 10mins drive from downtown. There is a K-Mart and other supermarket right next to the property. The room was large, spacious, clean and beautiful. The staff are friendly and helpful with directions. There is also free parking in the property.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2008

We really liked this hotel, nice swimming-pool area, very nice staff !! The only complain it's the noise of the street (Rosevelt Blvd), very noisy at night ! but anyway not a fault from the hotel.
Free parking, no hidden extra charge, they gave us a second cocktail for free at the swimming-pool bar. The breakfast was simple but quality was there, you can make yourself some waffles.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo