My family made a return trip to Key West in April 2012, having stayed at a luxury resort on the island last year. We could not find a room in any of the hotels in Old Town so we gave the Doubletree a try this year. Overall, our experience was a positive one. The big issue with the Doubletree is that it is located near the airport, a few miles from the action and attractions on/around Duval Stree. There is a shuttle bus that runs every hour to a nearby beach and two stops on Duval. The shuttle is necessary if you are carless on the island. The hotel grounds are nice with a courtyard pool and sauna surrounded by palm trees and landscaping. There are no ocean views. Rooms with balconies overlook either the pool or the parking lots. Rooms are clean, but a bit tight on space. There is a bar on site which was empty during our stay and a decent restaurant. There is a breakfast buffet available which includes both hot and cold dishes. The concierge is terrific and the staff is very pleasant and helpful. Two minor issues: we only received cookies upon check-in. After that, you need to ask. The light bulb in our bathroom went out and remained out despite three calls to maintenance. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel IF you don't mind staying a distance from all of the action on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West Florida