What sets this hotel apart from just being an average beach hotel is the service. First off we were upgraded from our basic room to a 2 room suite thanks to my husband's Diamond status. We checked in around noon and the room was ready within an hour. They of course held our bags for us, while we went to the pool.
The shuttle that runs to Old Town Key West is definitely one of the highlights in the service area. Our shuttle drivers on the 8 AM runs always asked what boat we were touring on (we took a boat trip every morning) and dropped us off right at the correct marina, making sure we knew where to check in. All other times during the day they used the main 2 stops. One night on the way to dinner at about 8 PM, the shuttle driver was concerned we were going to miss the Key West sunset. So he pulled over on the side of the road right next to the ocean and let us all climb out and he took everyone’s picture.
I had prebooked 2 of our boat tours, and we decided the night before our free day we would rather take another boat trip than spend the day at the beach. The Concierge had a great depth of knowledge about all the tour companies in the area and helped us pick one to go on that would take us to a completely different snorkeling area.
We never made it to the private beach area the DT provides. After our time on the ocean we were just happy to sit by the pool. There was poolside service with drinks and food. On Saturday and Sunday there was also a steel drum player. The pool has a sand volleyball court off to the side also. This was a relaxing way to end our days and we often had a hard time tearing ourselves away in time to go eat dinner.
Across the parking lot from the hotel is the Seaside Grocery and Deli. We went there as soon as we realized we had 2 mini fridges to fill and bought snacks and beer. It is not super cheap but reasonable for its convenience.
This hotel might not be ideal for the vacationer that wants to party until the wee hours on Duval Street. It is not in the middle of the action. For our needs, early risers to catch a boat and always headed home by the last shuttle run at 11:20 PM, it was perfect. The price is much nicer that the 2 WA on Key West and the upgrades and service made it very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Odigeo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West Florida