We stayed at this hotel for one night, when we decided on a whim to drive down to Key West while visiting Ft.Lauderdale. We were lucky enough to find availability and a good price on the same day.
The hotel is in good shape and clean throughout. We were most impressed with the cleanliness of our rooms. The room we stayed in did have a terrible view of another building, i am not sure if you can request a room with a better view or not.
This hotel is definently off the beaten path if you are looking for the Key West party experience. I would classify it as more of a family friendly hotel. We did use the shuttle which was prompt amd easy to find when we were ready to go back.
We also utilized the pool. Drink service was a little slow, even though it wasnt busy.
The one downfall was breakfast service. The staff seemed quite overwhelmed and at one point they asked us to move tables, because i guess they had promised that table to someone else. We werent very pleased about that.
We were most impressed with the service provided at check in by Angel, the front desk clerk. Informative, friendly and he gave us some dinner suggestions.
All in all....a good hotel fornthe great price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West Florida