I chose this hotel based on the beautiful pool (I am a swimmer) and that the website stated this was a 100% non smoking PROPERTY. Not true. Plenty of smoking going on at the pool, outdoor bar and outdoor restaurant. My swim was cut short by the foul smell of a cigar being smoked by a gentlemen sitting a few feet away from the pool, a woman smoking a cigarette equally close directly opposite him and a staff person who was painting the white lines around the pool. I had read the review about this problem prior to booking and called to inquire. I was told there are only two designated smoking areas and they were far away from other guests. I also mentioned this upon checking in and was told the same and to please let the front desk know if and they would take care of it. After four days of putting up with smelling tobacco smoke I did go to the front desk and was told a very different story. The manager said smoking was allowed in any and all of the outdoor areas including the bar, pool and restaurant. No smoking in the rooms but any where outdoors is fine. If that is true I think you have an obligation to state that on your website. To me, stating you are a 100% Smoke Free PROPERTY means no smoking on the property. Had you stated No Smoking in the rooms but every where else outside is allowed I would not have booked here at $300/day. The manager said all he could do was pass along my concern to Hilton Corporate office. Didn't even offer an apology and was dismissive. After paying full tilt for a king suite and two breakfasts a day, everyday, while he offered absolutely zero to make up for my discomfort. If you can smell the smoke, you are inhaling the smoke. Hilton, I expected better. I should have listened to the reviewer and not your staff. Maybe you just tell people what they want to hear and then the story changes once you have our money? That's how I feel. Three more days to go. Lots of good things about this place but this is NOT a 100% Non smoking PROPERTY.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West Florida