I booked this hotel because I used Hilton points for our entire stay. I knew it wasn't near Duval but who can argue with a free stay? We had our car with us anyway, so we figured we would be flexible for this trip to Key West. they do also have an hourly shuttle to Duval but every time we looked at it there was a huge lineup for the shuttle. We just drove ourselves. Anyway, Key West is not that big and this is about as far as you can get from where you want to be.
I had booked a balcony room and they said they upgraded us beyond that as well to a king studio with a balcony. I don't know what the difference was as I never saw the other room type I had booked. the room was an average hotel size. if our room had been any smaller, I would not have been pleased.
The balcony was spacious and overlooked the pool. And the bed was very comfortable but beyond that, we did not like this hotel at all. it needs some serious upgrades. it's just looking old and tired. Even the barstools at the pool bar are just stained and old and need to be replaced. how expensive can that be? Anyway, after ordering one round of the worst margaritas we have ever had, we stayed clear of the bar there. The pool is nice though HEAVILY chlorinated and even the pool towels are faded and tattered. thankfully, they don't charge a resort fee here because it just would not be worth it at all.
Our TV didn't work for the first three days we were there, we only had one garbage can in our room and every time the neighboring rooms opened the doors to their balconies, it sounded and felt like an earthquake in our room. I'm sure they heard our balcony door sliding open as well.
The housekeeping was ATROCIOUS. As in all they did was replace towels and make the bed. A room service plate stayed in our room for two days until I put it in the hall. An open soap box stayed wet and soggy in our shower for 3 of our 4 days there and probably would have spent the whole vacation with us except that I finally complained to the desk. We made our own bag of trash near the desk since there was no trash can and that hung around too, getting fuller all the time, until I spoke with the manager. yuck. I did finally complain about all of this to the manager and he did get the room cleaned up finally, which was nice.
Like I said, this stay was "free" as i booked it wholly with points so in the end..... whatever. Though I am now out a ton of points which I used on a very mediocre hotel experience. if I was paying $ for our room, I would have checked out after the first night.
Key West is always a lithe quirky anyway and we always go with a very flexible attitude but this place, for us, is just not worth the extra trek into Old Town and the on-site amenities are pretty poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West Florida