DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
The Perry Hotel Key West(Key West)
3,843 results
All reviewsdouble treeshuttle servicewarm cookiesevery hourfree shuttleduval streetbreakfast buffetpool areaalways on timehotel shuttleclose to the airportsmathers beachthe hotel offersoutdoor barnice poolnice resortrental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this property on three occasions and the service has gone progressively down. My specific problem is that I arrived at 130p and I'm aware check in is at 3, however when the two people ahead me checked in I thought I would be OK. They declined to check me in stating that the rooms weren't ready. I was not happy. They told me I could leave my bags with the bellman which I declined. Instead, I sat in the lobby in direct view of the front desk and watched them check in another guest! Not cool! Ten minutes later a room miraculously appeared...(amazing!)... And we were allowed to check in. I do not know why they were so arbitrary with me , however I did get a great rate from vacationkw.com and it was 186.00 a night! I don't know if you have a lower rate they somehow feel like they are not going to give the same level of service and courtesy that I witnessed them give the other guests. I believe This falls at the feet of the front office manager and the General manager, and I am contacting Hilton Worldwide to express my displeasure with how they do business. This whole incident left me so disgusted with them I must now go take a shower after recounting it to my fellow trip advisors!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YoYoBumchuck
WeCareInKeyWest, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

We are very sorry that we did not meet your expecations.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Would have been better had it not been for the constant waiting, pushing and shoving by rude adults for the shuttle vans. The vans were the biggest negative at this hotel. The hotel itself is very nice, the Hilton Honors Floor was very clean and quiet. Because of its off the beaten path location it is calm and quiet, however, you have no alternative but to wait for the shuttle buses which are always filed beyond capacity. In their defense, the shuttle drivers were wonderful patient men who do a good job. I do feel when a hotel is booked to 100% capacity that should realize they may need more shuttles to/from town. Also you could not open the drawer in the vanity area in the bathroom without opening the refrigerator first! Then you had to open the refrigerator again to close the drawer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charleegee

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Staying here for two nights in Key West. So far not impressed with the service or should I say lack of. This morning waiter took over 15 minutes to bring the coffee and than never brought the milk as requested. We had to get up and get it ourselves. Later we went out at 10:00 for a visit to Key West and returned at 2 room had not been made up. It's now 3:45 and they are just getting around to it after I complained at he front desk at 3:00. They offer a free shuttle into town but it is too small to accommodate all the quests who want to use it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank martylup
WeCareInKeyWest, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We are very sorry we did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to please all of our guests all of the time, and sometimes we fall short. I have spoken with my Housekeeping and Food & Beverage Supervisors to ensure we do better in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Was upgraded to a pool/courtyard view with large balcony with my HHonors. The size of the patio alone made the room seem so much more spacious. I am amazed at the timeliness of the shuttle. They were very dependable with pick up and drop off. Being greeted by Alex in the breakfast dining room each morning was a nice way to start the day. He is a genuinely nice guy who makes you feel right at home. My only disappointment was that the pool is not heated which made it beautiful to look at only and not warm enough to enjoy in January.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 5 February 2014

A very nice hotel with a great pool and nice rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was good and the room service was great. A shuttle required to get to points of interest in town, but convenient to the airport. I will likely stay there again when in Key West.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo