“Exceeded our expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Doubletree for four nights in February. The hotel exceeded our expectations in most every way. Parking was very convenient. Hotel check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and well equipped. The hotel pool and hot tub were very nice. The steel drum music was an added plus. The pool service was excellent. The hotel food was very good and reasonably priced. We appreciated the complimentary Wall Street Journal and USA Today. The hotel shuttle to Duval Street was reliable and convenient. The only complaint we had was the air conditioner noise outside our room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank 893donalda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We loved everything about the hotel except for its location. It's very close to the runway of the Key West Airport so you do hear jets coming and going, and it's at least 3 miles from the action in downtown Key West so you either need to use the hotel's free shuttle, a taxi or your own car to get downtown. The buffet breakfasts each morning were very good with a wide variety of choices so you should not go hungry here!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Lynn L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

This was my first time to Key West and this hotel was great. The rooms are very clean, nicely furnished and set up really well with a mini fridge and dry bar area. We had four people in the room and did not feel cramped at all.
The pool is beautiful!! Our favorite part was the pool bar with the best bartender, Billy. Billy was very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere at the bar was fun and very relaxed!!
The hotel is further from the action in town than we first thought but that was never a problem for us. They have a free shuttle but we found taxis to be quicker and reasonably priced.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quieter option a little bit out if town. We love it!

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank E G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

This was a nice hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. A bit far from the action on Duval but that is a plus and minus! We found downtown to be too honky tonk for our liking. But the keys were obviously beautiful at one time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe B
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

A group of 5 couples stayed from 2/1 to 2/5 and we all loved it. The friendly staff who greeted us as we checked in to the housekeeping always cleaning our room with a smile. We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning which was delicious. Norma Lopez was the shining star of the hotel. We enjoyed talking to her each morning and she always went above and beyond to make sure everything was good with our group!!! The facilities were always well kept and the shuttle was always on time with friendly drivers. We will definitely stay here again next time we visit te Keys!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeachbumPhiladelphia
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this property on three occasions and the service has gone progressively down. My specific problem is that I arrived at 130p and I'm aware check in is at 3, however when the two people ahead me checked in I thought I would be OK. They declined to check me in stating that the rooms weren't ready. I was not happy. They told me I could leave my bags with the bellman which I declined. Instead, I sat in the lobby in direct view of the front desk and watched them check in another guest! Not cool! Ten minutes later a room miraculously appeared...(amazing!)... And we were allowed to check in. I do not know why they were so arbitrary with me , however I did get a great rate from vacationkw.com and it was 186.00 a night! I don't know if you have a lower rate they somehow feel like they are not going to give the same level of service and courtesy that I witnessed them give the other guests. I believe This falls at the feet of the front office manager and the General manager, and I am contacting Hilton Worldwide to express my displeasure with how they do business. This whole incident left me so disgusted with them I must now go take a shower after recounting it to my fellow trip advisors!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank YoYoBumchuck
WeCareInKeyWest, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
We are very sorry that we did not meet your expecations.
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Would have been better had it not been for the constant waiting, pushing and shoving by rude adults for the shuttle vans. The vans were the biggest negative at this hotel. The hotel itself is very nice, the Hilton Honors Floor was very clean and quiet. Because of its off the beaten path location it is calm and quiet, however, you have no alternative but to wait for the shuttle buses which are always filed beyond capacity. In their defense, the shuttle drivers were wonderful patient men who do a good job. I do feel when a hotel is booked to 100% capacity that should realize they may need more shuttles to/from town. Also you could not open the drawer in the vanity area in the bathroom without opening the refrigerator first! Then you had to open the refrigerator again to close the drawer.

1 Thank Charleegee
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations.