Wanted to stay at a good place that was close enough to the sight seeing activities, but far enough from the loud night life. At check-in we got our warm cookies. If you want more, you can ask for more at the front desk. Since my husband is a Hilton Honors member, we got to pick from the 3rd or 4th floor and received two complimentary bottled waters. We were in room 475. We got a view of the tennis courts. Very quiet, but the room was set to 68 deg when we went inside. Room was typical of a Hilton standard.
Parking downtown is difficult. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus and drops off the guests at two locations. The first stop is right in front of the Divers Direct store which is on the corner of Simonton & Greene. The 2nd stop is right in front of the Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory on the corner of Duval & South. This shuttle leaves the hotel on the hour, arrives at the first stop 20 minutes after the hour, and arrives at the 2nd stop on the half hour. You have to be at the bus stop early since there are a lot of people that want to take the shuttle. If you plan on getting there with little time to spare, you may have to wait for the next shuttle. The first shuttle leaves the hotel at 8am. The last pickup is at 11:30pm.
The hotel offers maps of Key West at the front desk. They will even recommend dining locations.
The staff was very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West Florida