I booked this hotel despite the reviews which had me worried about the cleanliness, luxury or lack of it, and location away from duval street. Why? Price! I was travelling during high season and at $320 per night booked 2 months in advance ($420 if booking week before) I found this hotel to be at least $100 per night cheaper than comparable hotels closer to downtown.
Overall the property is probably a 3 star accounting for 2.5 star on the room and 3.5 star on the grounds, amenities, services, pool, etc. given that the rooms are dated I don't recommend staying in the room for much other than sleeping. The first day after driving down from Fort Lauderdale we spent a couple of hours by the pool which was fairly nice. Note that the outdoor bar had an amazing bartender. He was personable and made an amazing mojito. Drinks were pricey but amazing.
That first night we used the shuttle to get to Duval street. You need to get there 10-15 minutes if you want to get on the first shuttle. If not you can take the second shuttle which runs 5 or 10 minutes behind. It drops you off right in the heart of duval street. Coming back it was the same thing. We got there 10 minutes early and still didn't make the first shuttle. It therefore meant we were waiting 20 minutes in total for the second shuttle. After that we just drove. No issues with parking. Lots of parking on duval with metered parking and lots of side streets with free parking. You may have to walk a few minutes but you're able to come and go at will.
The hotel is also a reasonable distance to bike. We rented bikes downtown and rode all the way around the island. A leisure ride with a stop at the beach to swim, stops for pictures, etc. was 3 hours for us.
Overall I would stay here again if the price difference is substantial again but hope they update the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct and TravelUp so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West Florida