Check in was prompt (warm chocolate chip cookie given upon check in which was a nice touch), room was great (pool view room 3rd floor, balcony, fridge, hair dryer, in room safe). Balcony was spacious with table, two rocking chairs and a lounge chair. Pool was clean but is not heated, hot tub was nice. Had drinks at the Tiki Bar, drinks were good but on the pricey side (liquor/convenience stores nearby that are cheaper). Free shuttle to Duval street was very convenient. It ran every hour and was always on time. Drivers were friendly and personable. Be aware the shuttle only runs until 11pm and the bars are open later so if you decide to stay after 11pm you will need to find alternate transportation to the hotel. Bellmen/Valet were very nice as well. Our room was cleaned daily and our housekeeper did an amazing job. The beds are amazing. The mattresses were so comfy!! There was a really cool fish tank in the lobby, perfect photo op. The hotel is near the airport so you will hear planes overheard if you are at the pool, tiki bar, etc. This was not an inconvenience to us however it may be to some people. The weather could not have been more perfect, sun and mild temps the whole week we were there. We cruised Duval Street two days in a row, hit all the bars (Sloppy Joe's was our favorite) and did the Glassbottom Boat Tour. Someone advised us to do the sunset cruise but we didn't have enough time however was told it was alot of fun. Lots of souvenir shops, Harley Davidson shops, etc. The one thing I didn't like was how the store employees haggled over the prices (I asked one guy how much a tank top was and he looked blankly in the air for a solid minute before I told him that if he needed to think about it then I probably didn't want it). He just watched me walk out the door. As far as dining we ate at Sloppy Joe's twice, their fish tacos were amazing! Also had the quesadilla which wasn't bad either. Our last night we ate at Thai Cuisine, the lobster sushi roll was TO DIE FOR! I have been craving it since I left. Our waitress was very friendly and we were able to sit outside and people watch. There was a pizza place directly across the street from Thai Cuisine that looked extremely popular. We never tried it out but from the looks of it, it seemed to be a fan favorite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct and Southall Travel so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West Florida