Rooms were spacious and clean. Beds comfy. Loved that we could request a certain time for maid service. Most employees were great. Mike even ran over to store around block to see what time they opened the next morning for us. Loved that employees always greeted us and sometimes were there to open doors. Loved the tram to take us to different places around the island. Funds from early morning to 11 pm. One of our drivers even dropped us off right where we needed to go since he wasn't full and it was about two blocks from normal drop off. That would be five stars for sure for personalized service when possible. He even asked us if we had towels and sunblock. ;) the reason my rating is four stars is because of two employees. One was a server at the pool bar. She took solong to get us our drinks we were ready to go back to the room by the time she came back. It had to have been at least 30 minutes. Ridiculous. We still took them up to our room but really I wanted to cancel the order but couldn't find her. Another time at the pool no one came up asking me if I was interested in ordering anything.(no big deal but would have been nice as it was around lunchtime 1 pm). The second employee that we had a problem with was at the front desk. They tried to charge us a higher price than what we were quoted for one of our rooms. We had the email and he still would not change it and acted like we were wrong and it was our problem not his. He got the manager thank God. The manager realized why the price was coming up different and changed it quickly but it took about 15 - we minutes to straighten it all out because of the first employee.
Tip: if you are quoted a price, get it in writing. If they quote you a price for up to 4 people get that in writing as they usually quote you on double occupancy and charge more for a third and fourth person. We were quoted a price on up to four people in each room even though we only had two in each room. Their records made it look like we had three people in one room and that is why they were trying to charge $100 more each night. Also the location in relation to the beach that I would want to visit (the state park, not Smathers beach) and Duvall st. Isn't the greatest but we made use of the tram. Please tip the drivers if you are pleased with their service. Breakfast was not included in our price. Wish it would have been. Got last two rooms in hotel for the time we booked. Rates went down about $50 a night after we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West Florida