The hotel is not in the centre of Key West but does provide a free shuttle which we made use of and found convenient/comfortable.
There is plenty of parking at the hotel and first impressions are good. The Reception and pool areas were lovely. Registration was smooth and the staff member who checked us in friendly and helpful. However, as we made our way to the room, it went somewhat downhill. The hotel corridors were dingy, the lift dated and grimy. Our room, directly opposite the lift had a 1 inch gap at the bottom of the door which meant we could hear other guests using the elevator, etc. It's not an efficient lift, so guests waiting obviously didn't do so silently....
The room itself was clean but shabby. One piece of furniture and the safe were broken. I did not realise the latter was broken until after I had tried to use it and believe I left a personal belonging behind when I was distracted taking everything back out and reporting the issue (which was not resolved during our stay). After checking out and realising I had lost my property I contacted the hotel (via another Hilton hotel reception staff). Both the staff member helping me at the other hotel and I felt that whoever we spoke to was unhelpful and surly, giving me the impression that as I had checked out I was no longer relevant. A follow up e-mail I sent was answered and they confirmed they had checked the room and with the staff and they may very well have done, but sorry to say I wasn't confident this had happened...
What a shame. Such good first impressions...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, where a friendly staff member is waiting to welcome you with our famous token of hospitality - a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Our newly renovated full service resort welcomes vacationers and business travelers alike to enjoy the best our island has to offer. Relax in luxury at our first-class Key West, Florida resort. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West is the ideal destination for your stay in the Florida Keys. Tropical gardens and a beautiful zero entry pool offer the perfect setting to enjoy America's Caribbean. Sip on a refreshing cocktail from our outdoor Tiki Bar. If your visit calls for business or a special event, the Grand Key Resort features venues and conference facilities for up to 300. Stay at our Key West, Florida resort, just one mile from Key West International Airport. Highlights •Shuttle service to and from the Key West International Airport and the downtown Duval area •Beautiful zero entry pool with cabanas and extensive decks for relaxing and sunbathing •Complimentary WiFi •Full-service Palm Haven Restaurant and poolside Tiki Bar •7,000 sq. ft. of indoor meeting space and outdoor event venues ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West Florida